Consulting Services Strategy MBA Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203518
Position Title: Intern-Product Mgt (I Z2)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Consulting Services Strategy and Offer Management team defines Teradata Consulting’s strategy and services portfolio. Our consultants use advanced analytic models and visualizations to solve our customer’s most pressing business challenges. We work closely with leadership across Consulting, Product Management, Marketing, and Sales to develop an annual strategy for the Consulting business as well as build/maintain a services portfolio. Our strategy and offering portfolio are informed by key market trends, competitive activity, and customer demand. The team’s focus is on defining “where we will play” and “how we will win” for the Consulting business.
As the Consulting Services Strategy MBA intern you will be leading efforts to collect and analyze data to evaluate existing and potential services markets. Identify and monitor competitors and research market conditions or changes in the industry to establish our services strategy.
As part of a critical team working with the Global Consulting Strategy and Offering Management leader you will drive major market initiatives by conducting complex quantitative, financial market-based business analyses, and related go-to-market strategies.
You’ll be based in San Diego working with the Strategic Offering Management leadership team specifically focused on global services. You will be working with our Product Engineering teams, Practice leaders, and Sales and Marketing teams to:
- Create go-to-market strategies and implement sustainable business improvement plans to execute strategies at the market and channel level,
- Develop recommendations and analysis that pioneer ideas for go-to-market/channel strategies capitalizing on the seriousness and magnitude of business opportunities,
- Analyze and interpret financial and operational results against targets through the preparation of various complex analyses by reviewing financial and market performance,
- Use various reporting tools and systems including financial, market share, Salesforce and various BI tools to gather and analyze information,
- Conduct external research and financial analysis and provide recommendations to build the business unit growth plans,
- Gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team,
- Work with industry analysts to communicate our strategy, impact, and gather intelligence to shape and refine our strategy,
- Assist sales, marketing, product management, finance, and consulting teams with analyzing and interpreting financial and non-financial business metrics to create action plans that grow the business,
- Assist as needed with key initiatives and project within the Strategic Offering Management function,
- Lead the day to day execution of initiatives while guiding and developing individual team members, and you’ll take ownership of overall projects and its end products,
- Build proven leadership skills and leverage your interest in inspiring others, building strong relationships, and creating a true followership,
- Gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to Teradata.
- Must be currently enrolled and pursuing an MBA or BS/MS in Computer Science
- Graduating dates between December 2019 – June 2020
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have advanced analytical skills and judgment
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Expertise in data tools (Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and market
- Ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization
- Excellent executive communications, both written and verbal with clarity and precision
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Consulting Services Strategy MBA Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US