Senior Software Engineer - KubeKit
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203515
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
This position is responsible for all phases of software development life cycle including software design, coding, unit and integration tests, CI/CD pipelining, and customer support for Kubernetes on TD platforms: bare metal, EKS, AKS, AWS, Azure, VRA, and Vsphere. Additionally, this position will require cross-team interaction with other TD teams to provide requirements gathering, documentation/training, and hands-on support to help prioritize and drive adoption of Kubernetes and KubeKit across TD development teams, and its use as a tool for product deployment teams. KubeKit requires a team member with a strong K8s and Go security background to help ensure the security and robustness of the platform.
- Design, develop, implement, test and support new features for KubeKit, Teradata’s Kubernetes deployment software in Go, Python, Rust.
- Subject matter expert for K8s security and able to assess and communicate security concerns for the KubeKit project as a whole. Interact with external teams for security mitigations.
- Collaborate, educate, support K8s best practices in a tight-knit team and company-wide.
- Willing to participate in education for internal/external teams.
- Commitment and understanding of open source best practices as KubeKit will be open sourced.
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego) but can be remote. This quality focused, high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and lateral thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes
The focus of Kubekit is on provisioning bare metal and cloud environments to deploy Kubernetes in a ready to use K8s infrastructure for Teradata products. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and creative software engineer who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in organization and time management. This person will be primarily responsible for developing new features, debugging, and providing internal and customer support for KubeKit, Teradata’s Kubernetes deployment system, in Go. Evaluating and improving the security profile of the KubeKit software is of paramount importance as KubeKit is the base of all TD application deployment and is a major component of this position. Additionally, strong DevOps skills and aiding in the creation of good open source coding, testing, and release practices commensurate with the goal of open sourcing KubeKit are also a requirement.
- Strong, sufficient educational experience in computer science and/or security practices
- Strong, sufficient relevant work experience
- Programming experience in Go/Python/Rust
- Strong experience with DevOps methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Experience in group software development and routine use of version control tools, especially for open source projects.
- Excellent organizational, presentation, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, good time management skills and detail-oriented
- Expert experience with Golang
- Experience with Python and Ansible
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes including security best practices.
- Experience with Git and Agile/SCRUM
- Experience with cloud technologies: AWS, VSphere, Azure, EKS, AKS, Open Stack etc.
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat and Ubuntu system administration experience
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer - KubeKit
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US