Sr. IT Program Manager – ERP
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 203514
Position Title: IT Sr Project Manager (II)
The Sr. IT Program Manager is responsible for successful delivery of large and complex programs/projects through all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle which includes – initiation, planning, development, execution, control & closeout of projects. The role will support IT and the business as a member of the IT PMO organizing, coordinating and driving technology programs and projects. Managing internal resources and vendors for the successful execution of projects will be key to the role. The Sr. IT Program Manager will provide strategic guidance to teams and other resources in ways that promote the successful outcomes of technology initiatives, utilizing the appropriate approach and tools to meet business and IT expectations. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and leader, comfortable in leading technology centric projects/programs, and have experience in managing staff of different disciplines across business and technology to produce results in a timely manner.
Role and Responsibilities
· Lead strategic IT programs and complex technology projects
· Ensure IT programs/projects deliver on commitments
· Define, plan, direct the establishment & execution of a broad range of technical programs/projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources and risk
· Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project team
· Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
· Provide project risk analysis and mitigation planning
· Maintain overall control of the schedule, budget and scope
· Create collaborative partnerships and perform stakeholder management with customers, vendors and other teams to achieve project objectives.
· Ensure projects’ objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders.
· Develop projects’ scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Prepare and manage deliverables (Project Plan, Risk Plan, Communication Plan, etc.) – use deliverables to conduct the project
· Manage the escalation of issues and submit recommendations to executive steering teams to remediate
· Track the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding Project Change Requests and outstanding issues weekly
· Update appropriate documentation and project plan to reflect changes in requirements and commitments
· Identify, document and ensure analysis of scope change requests throughout the project lifecycle
· Utilize company release management, change management standards and procedures
· Active participation, in and contribute to, the IT PMO policies and procedures
· Travel as required for successful delivery of initiatives
· Extensive experience with Oracle ERP implementations. This includes, but is not limited to, the initiating, planning, and tactical execution of PM responsibilities related to deploying and upgrading major, Fortune 500 level ERP instances.
· Extensive experience working with external ERP Systems Integrators and global project resources across different technical disciplines in multiple time zones.
· Expert level communications agent with proven, seasoned expertise in managing efforts across silos as well as upwards to C-level members of the company.
· Seasoned with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP (Oracle), BI, HCM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
· BS/BA in business or a technical field with 10+ years of directly relevant experience a minimum. Preferred, Master’s degree with 10+ years of applicable business experience, with at least ten (10) years of experience leading major and/or complex IT programs including at least five (5) years of experience managing large projects
· Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in Agile software development
· PMP certification, SCRUM Master is a plus
· Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Scheduling, Resourcing, Cost Management, Scoping, etc.)
· Excellent knowledge of Collaboration tools; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
· Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
· Expert managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
· Experience managing projects with a global footprint
· Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
· Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
· Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. IT Program Manager – ERP
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US