IT Solutions Release & Change Management Project / Program Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203513
Position Title: IT Sr Project Manager (II)
The IT Release & Change Management Project / Program Manager will define, implement, and execute the Release Management lifecycle/process within IT, which includes managing, scheduling, coordinating, and providing oversight of all IT releases and activities for the global IT organization. IT Releases include new functionality being introduced by projects or programs along with application updates, infrastructure upgrades, security improvements, and operating system patches. The successful candidate must be highly effective and influential driving release execution with project management, functional business areas, and IT applications owners. The IT Release & Change Management Project / Program Manager will collaborate with various stakeholders from IT leadership team, program and project teams, and application managers to ensure highly successful technology releases. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation / experience, comfortable working with various technologies and technology teams, experience in common project management methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, and SCRUM principles, demonstrated ability to drive process and ensure accountability without direct authority. While this role does not involve management of direct reports, it does require strong facilitation and leadership of cross-functional technology teams.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the release schedule and change control process across the global IT organization
- Manage and support technology teams for multiple concurrent releases through various stages of the software development lifecycle
- Track, monitor, and communicate all changes throughout the release and change management lifecycle
- Manage risks, create remediation plans, and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Project manage release activities across all teams, ensuring timely and accurate deployments across environments
- Communicate with internal and external customers to gather the required documentation for technology release readiness
- Create, review, publish and manage formal release notification processes to ensure execution of release and change management plans
- Create and monitor release schedules and ensure resource utilization effectiveness across all IT teams
- Lead release readiness steps and Go/No-Go reviews
- Define, implement, and iterate on repeatable release process and standards.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and enhancement of the environment management procedures and processes
- Manage scheduling and communication of deployment activities, including emergency change implementation.
- Proactively identify, recommend, and implement release and change management process
- Provides off hours production release coverage for strategic releases (both planned and unplanned)
- Support readiness for internal and external audits
- Ensure that Release Management discipline is utilized and effective across the IT organization
- Status IT Leadership with dashboards, reports, and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in technology discipline
- 2 - 3 years’ Project Management experience, Scrum Master preferred
- Experience in, and demonstrable understanding of, Agile software development methodologies
- Application development methodologies experience, including Waterfall and Agile
- 1 -2 years of experience in technology release & change management processes
- Solid understanding of interrelationship and interdependence between IT Service Management processes, such as Release, Change, Configuration, Incident, and Problem Management.
- Experience in JIRA and ServiceNow a plus
- Understanding of IT infrastructure systems and enterprise applications
- Ability to coordinate with multiple IT teams and cross-functionally in the business.
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL practices
- Excellent coordination & communication skills are a must.
- Ability to push back/escalate effectively
- Experience in working with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with IT controls
- Should be a self-starter and self-driven with strong sense of ownership.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Software development experience is a plus. Experience using SDLC methodologies.
- Multiple technical disciplines are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (O365)
- Experience working in a geographically disperse, multi-national/cultural environment
- Familiarity with diverse systems landscapes and integration needs (i.e. CRM, ERP (Oracle), BI, HCM, Cloud based Infrastructure, etc.)
- Familiarity with SaaS based technology solutions such as Salesforce, Workday, FinancialForce, Hyperion Planning, is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IT Solutions Release & Change Management Project / Program Manager
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US