Senior Financial Analyst, Consulting Operations
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203498
Position Title: Planning Analyst (III)
This role as a Planning Analyst supports Teradata's Consulting Finance Team. This person will play a critical role in analyzing the consulting business globally and building operationally sound financial processes. They will be responsible for monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, management review support, and other general financial planning and CFO support functions. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes providing information, analysis and recommendations that allow the VP and sales/service management to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Exceptional understanding of revenue recognition policy to understand revenue reporting from the regions and ability to predict impact of changes to revenue.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with sales and sales management.
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives.
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and software revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Strong capability in Excel and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning
- Experience in Professional Services Operation and Planning
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst, Consulting Operations
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US