Social Media, Senior Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203468
Position Title: MarCom Specialist (II)
Are you a connector and a story teller? Are you passionate about Social Media? We are looking for a Social Media Expert to join our Social Media Team. This is a full-time position based in our San Diego office with responsibility for global employee social media advocacy, social media content creation, social media moderation, social employee education and best practices across the organization.
The ideal candidate for this role should have their finger on the pulse of pop culture and social media trends. You are already engaged deeply in social media, with a strong background in B2B and B2C social media customer marketing as well as social strategy and creative collaborations. You are a strong writer who can take highly technical content and not only make it make sense but add personality and tell a story. You should also have experience driving engagement and awareness through social media marketing campaigns both organic and paid and experience running promotions and social media contests aligned with special-events.
- Monitor and manage Teradata Social Media Channels as a social platform subject matter expert
- Collaborate with our SEO Expert on all social content creation
- Support the marketing team with social content creation, asset management and social listening
- Real time social monitoring of 10- 15 social media platforms
- Identifying relevant news, trends, conversations and thought leaders and compile and communicate weekly to the social team and across the marketing team and org in monthly updates
- Manage the Social Media Advocacy Tool as an admin, monitor and add content daily, lead training sessions and support end to end users
- Act as a liaison with social media advocacy vendor and coordinate weekly meetings and monthly reporting
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify users who need social media training, best practices and tool support
- Manage the real-time monitoring of competitor and customer activity within the social media space
- Developing reporting processes on social media metrics, and designated KPI’s for all competitor and customer social results
- Work with the marketing team to find relevant customer stories, use cases, case studies, etc. and create social content for sharing on each platform
- Create social first content by generating ideas and managing the process from ideation to posting
- Build out new campaigns based on social listening learning and opportunities for growth across social channels
- Help support the social media content calendar
- Work closely with the marketing team on blogs to understand an editorial calendar and content flow to ensure that a promotion plan and strategy is in place for always on/evergreen content
- Partner with the graphic design team to ensure creative assets are optimized for performance and requests are placed in a timely manner to support social media content
- Generate ideas to align Company SEO efforts with our social media strategy
- Work cross functionally with internal teams to curate, generate, edit, publish and share engaging social media content
- Experience with Sprinklr, or equivalent tools.
- Experience with Social Media Advocacy Tools
- 3-5 Years of direct working experience developing social media content and managing social properties in a corporate environment or agency marketing role.
- BA or BS with a focus on marketing, journalism, advertising or communications.
- Demonstrable experience writing, editing, crafting content for social media. Writing samples preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong creative and collaboration skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with customer care and confidential information.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Social Media, Senior Specialist
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US