Financial Business Analyst, Royalties
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203446
Position Title: Business/Ops Analyst (II)
The Teradata Customer Support and Services Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for managing 3rd party support and services contracts with Teradata’s strategic partners. This includes setting the annual plan, reconciling royalty claims and payments, and collaborating with Teradata’s Alliance & Channels team, Teradata’s Service delivery leadership, and each of our Key Technology Partners. Will include some accounting and forecasting activity to manage the ongoing support relationships.
Collects and presents 3rd party financial data for use in business review, planning, reporting and monthly outlook processes. Prepares and analyzes financial outlooks and operating results. Responsible for management of related balance sheet accounts and expenses.
Develop Monthly Outlook
- Work closely with operating management
- Review outlook against results for validation of achievability
- Review risk in outlook and determine how to reduce risk
- Develop contingency plans as needed
- Provide Senior management with timely, relevant and actionable financial and operational reporting and forecasting
- Provide ongoing intra-month updates
Strategic Long Range Plan (SLRP)
- Review historical results to determine future trends
- Operationalize long range plan
- Develop plan for 3rd party royalties
- Determine calendarization and allocation methodologies
- Perform gap analysis and consolidation
- Apply Accounting changes
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related business discipline required
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in Finance or Finance-related specialties, cross functional projects
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Hyperion, Oracle, other Financial Management tools
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, transforming organization is a must
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Business Analyst, Royalties
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US