Senior Software Engineer -MiddleWare
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 203437
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)-NoCal
Teradata’s Product Development group
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics, and in the management of a variety of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Teradata Database and the Analytic Engine, that seamlessly combine best-in-class data storage and warehousing capabilities with leading-edge analytics. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do.
Teradata Product Development Group is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join their innovative Database Platform and Advanced Analytics team. Responsibilities include:
- Research, design, and develop key features for Teradata’s Machine Learning Platform, with focus on scalability and cluster services on a MPP system,
- Analyze the shortcomings of existing systems and propose innovative design alternatives,
- Collaborate with a team of skilled, motivated engineers through the product lifecycle, including architecture, product support issues, documentation, beta testing, and bug fixes,
- Present newly developed functionalities/features in Teradata tech talks,
- Own components of the Machine Learning platform and contribute to its architecture,
- Opportunity to technically lead a small group of engineers.
- Strong Java, Python, C++ design and development experience,
- Excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills,
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or MS in computer science/engineering with 2+ years of relevant experience or equivalent academic experience.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- Experience with newer big data technologies, such as Spark and TensorFlow, and related products, is a plus,
- Experience with clustering systems, such as Docker and Kubernetes, and related technologies, is a plus,
- Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus,
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer -MiddleWare
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US