Software Engineer Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203434
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
The technology research and development (R&D) organization within Teradata Corporation, has been turning innovative decision support technology into business results for over 30 years. Our R&D team of analytic architects, database developers and engineers work to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment at Teradata, a place to brainstorm with the best engineering minds and surprise yourself with what's possible every day.
The Software Engineer Intern operates as a member of the Teradata Database Engineering team. This organization is responsible for implementing design, construction, unit testing and support of the Teradata Unity software solution. The successful candidate will work as a contributing member of the Unity development team to create a robust, highly available software product that supports and enhances the Teradata database product line.
- Contributor to the delivery of a robust, resilient, quality product
- Works with full software development lifecycle - application design, development and unit testing, database access, unit/integration testing using agile development techniques
- Provides DevOps support as assigned to provision, automate, enhance, maintain and test the Unity core product
- Communicates effectively with other engineers and various stakeholders
- Analyzes and troubleshoot issues
This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA (San Diego). This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level. This role is a working member of the team, with responsibility for supporting the delivery of Teradata Client Products. This includes design, construction, implementation, test case creation, unit, integration, system level testing and DevOps support in an agile work environment.
- Ability to work with multi-threaded network applications written in C/C++
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2019-June 2021.
- Ability to learn agile development as well as continuous integration/deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Exposure to SQL
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good written and oral communication skills
- US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Upper division coursework in Computer Science or related degree
- 3.0 or better GPA
- Familiarity with open source
- Familiarity with databases and SQL
- Familiarity with agile software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Java is a plus
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US