Executive Administrative Assistant
Location: Chicago, Illinois US
Requisition Number: 203433
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
Teradata is seeking an energetic, self-starter with excellent people skills to support the Central leadership team within the Americas Sales and Consulting Region. The Executive Administrative Assistant must be able to operate within a fast paced, quick changing growth environment. The person must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity. The Executive Administrative Assistant must work with a high level of confidentiality, have excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff as well as outside clients and vendors. The role requires a results-oriented, self-motivator who can work proactively and independently.
• Maintain senior management calendars, schedule appointments and conference calls, prepare itineraries, make travel arrangements, process expense reports and support special projects as requested.
• Compose and prepare memos, letters, and other correspondence for comprehension and grammar review as needed. Effectively prepare and edit presentation materials, using templates, layouts and formatting to create reusable content.
• Maintain organization charts and email distribution lists.
• Assist with transitioning new hires into the organization including ordering equipment and help with their orientation and assimilation. Handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
• Provide on-site facility support in coordination with property managers and vendors including canteen, conference rooms, catering, visitor access, etc.
• Assist with preparation and scheduling meetings; Coordinate office events such as Teradata Cares Community Relations events, internal and client meetings, etc.
• Effectively prepare and edit presentation materials, using templates, layouts and formatting to create reusable content.
• Prepare, run and / or format reports, from basic system queries.
• Contribute as a member of the Teradata Administrative Team.
• Standard office environment, located in Chicago. Multi-functional team environment where team members are expected to work collaboratively by offering assistance when possible and needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2-3 years of related experience
• Extensive working knowledge and high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, strong editing and grammar skills. Proven ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Skills & Attributes:
• Ability to multi-task and provide cross organizational support.
• Ability to perform and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent attention to detail, strong planning abilities, ability to lead problem solving, and work independently.
• Positively represent Teradata through proper phone etiquette, and efficiently routing and screening messages.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the flexibility and ability to work efficiently and concurrently with multiple organizations and managers.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Demonstrated ability to perform research, gather data, and basic data analysis
• Experience supporting senior level executives
• Previous experience in the technology industry
• Associates Degree
• Experience working with a multi-national company
• Ability to type
• Ability to look at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
• Ability to sit for at least 8 hours/mostly sedentary work
• Ability to push/pull/drag up to 25 lbs
• Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
• Ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Chicago, Illinois US