Location: Tokyo, Tokyo JP
Requisition Number: 203414
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
The Solution Architect (SA) is a senior level position that leverages Big Data, data warehouse and analytical technical knowledge to promote sales of Teradata analytical solutions. The SA has broad knowledge of the Big Data, data warehouse and analytic space with expert knowledge of Teradata products, open source and 3rd party solution sets and their application within a particular industry. The SA articulates analytical business and trends, and provides technical consulting as a trusted advisor to support sales and Professional Services (PS) activities. The SA establishes or enhances mid-level customer technical relationships, provides technical expertise on engagements and identifies new target opportunities within our accounts. When required, the SA will be expected to deliver high-quality, customer billable consulting on PS engagements and oversee the development of the customer engagement model for additional services. In addition, the SA plays an active role in pre-sale and post-sale activity, ensuring a long-term partnership with Teradata customers.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Serves as trusted technical advisor to client
- Seeks to drive sales of Teradata products, solutions, and services as well as increase use of Teradata systems
- Demonstrates technical expertise, establishes credibility with both technical resources and decision makers
- Achieves expert status on client systems, performance, and current and potential data loaded onto systems to facilitate demand creation
- Partners with account relationship lead on account planning and strategy
- Works with overall account team to identify sales opportunities
- Supports the selling process for hardware, software, and services
- Spends significant time working with technical client resources who use Teradata UDA components or systems to understand how they are used, what data is on them, and how they might be improved
- Identifies and documents client’s current analytical framework/architecture
- Fully understands available Teradata solutions and how they could be applied to client business problems
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders, primarily technical resources, to become a key advisor on analytics and architecture
- Creates client interest in Teradata solutions, advancing the sales process
- Regularly meets with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Identifies PS selling opportunities and participates in the sales process as needed
Skills and Experience
- Solid understanding of current integrated analytical solution topics including Big Data and Analytics
- Strong technical knowledge in relevant areas (including traditional Teradata, cloud technologies, and open source technologies)
- Technical sales or presales experience
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Seven years or more of operational or technical RDBMS in data warehouse implementation
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse and Analytical business architectures that include functions such as data acquisition, data containers, analytical tools, end user consumption, and governance.
- Client interface and consulting skills required
- Proven capabilities in relational database and application development environments using (Teradata, DB2, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, Informatica, and others)
- BA or BS in Business or Computer Science
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous Solution Architect role at analytical hardware and/or software company
- Hands-on working knowledge with the Teradata RDBMS, including Teradata Workload Management, Performance Optimization, and System Performance troubleshooting
- Experience in Executive communication sessions
- Previous experience working with customers in one or more of the following industries: Automotive or E-Commerce.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Tokyo, Tokyo JP