Director of Cloud Information Security
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203408
Position Title: IT Director (I)
The Teradata Cloud Information Security Director will be responsible for all aspects of Teradata cloud security and information security engineering. These responsibilities include managing cloud operational security processes, addressing the security of Teradata cloud deployments, upgrades and enhancements, enabling new cloud services to be built and deployed securely, overseeing and providing direct guidance on cloud product architecture, design and engineering, and overall leadership of the Teradata Cloud Security and Information Security Engineering organizations. Additional responsibilities include meeting with current and prospective customers to ensure that Teradata cloud security features are understood and utilized, collaborating with Teradata product development organizations to drive cloud security best practices into Teradata products and services, and ensuring that Teradata meets the security and compliance requirements and applicable security standards.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the Teradata Cloud Security and Information Security Engineering organization
• Responsible for overall Teradata cloud security architecture, engineering and implementation of Teradata business units including; business operations, cloud products, professional services and managed services
• Be part of the global security team and through collaboration with the product chief architect and enterprise teams to develop and implement cloud product, platform and services security standards and risk framework
• Ability to lead interconnected functions of the cloud security function such as operations and engineering and drive constant process improvements to ensure industry leading practice is place for our customers
• Responsible for cloud security configuration implementation and monitoring
• Meet with prospective customers to educate them concerning Teradata cloud security features
• Coordinate with the incident response team for cloud security incident response activities
• Integrate security into the Teradata cloud system development life cycle
• Hire, develop, and retain best in class cloud security and security engineering professionals in the Teradata cloud organization
• Be a member of the product security community by providing support and collaboration for all security needs across all technical products to enhance the security of the entire enterprise.
• Deliver security engineering solutions for the enterprise including implementation and configuration of security solutions
• Track the latest IT security innovations and keep abreast of latest cyber security technologies
• Responsible for the implementation of the information security technology roadmap
• Support projects from a security perspective and ensuring that they meet Teradata’s security architecture
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience listed below:
• Candidate must have: the expertise to understand the Teradata cloud’s technical and business environment, familiarity with national security standards, experience with, ISO 27001/2, HIPAA Security Rule, PCI DSS, security auditing, risk management, vulnerability assessments, and incident management.
• Candidate must have experience is large deployments of AWS and Azure
• Candidate must have 7+ years demonstrated expertise in cloud technologies, architectures and security concepts in public, private and hybrid architectures
• Candidate must have led an information security engineering organization for a large international corporation responsible for selection and implementation of security technologies
• Candidate must have the proven ability to serve as an effective member of a senior management team, be an effective leader to a team of highly trained personnel and consultants; form, manage and lead security planning efforts and interact effectively with customers, auditors, vendors, and key stakeholders
• Candidate should have demonstrated team building and collaboration capabilities
• Candidate should be able to demonstrate an enterprise level perspective in parallel to a product specific perspective so that both the corporate and product areas will be optimized for success
• Candidate should have demonstrated leadership skills in areas of proactivity, collaboration, and the drive for results with impact
• Candidate should have demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and speak to both tactical and strategic roles within the verticals at Teradata
• Experience implementing enterprise security solutions at scale
• Travel ~15%
• 10 years of information technology experience
• 10+ years leadership experience in information security engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in information security/systems or related experience
• Cloud and security certification highly desired
• Technical experience for deployments in AWS, Azure and private clouds
• Understanding of Teradata technologies and customers is highly desired
• Understanding and experience in building cloud security organizations and programs and operational experience in delivering to customers
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Cloud Information Security
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US