Database Administrator / Developer
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203402
Position Title: Software Engineer (V)
The Teradata Product Marketing team is looking to hire a Database Administrator / Developer to create a multi-user demo environment that will be used by associates across Teradata.
The purpose of the demo environment is to host multiple product demos that show off the broad and powerful capabilities of Teradata Vantage. This spans multiple technologies, including database, machine learning, graph, visualization tools, workbenches, notebooks, data ingest tools, and open-source tools.
You will work with demo developers and must ensure that this environment can meet their current and evolving needs. You will also have frequent interactions with customers and sales teams, and must be able to present in a clear, concise, and compelling manner.
- Adapt our industry data models to use in a demo environment
- Architect and build the demo environment with all the necessary products/tools needed to support the demos
- Design for a high volume of concurrent users
- Build access rights for users across the organization using network authentication
- Design a friendly user interface using Teradata AppCenter
- Maintain the environment
- Ensure that the demos work together and share data and objects
- Present to customers
- Train field associates
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related
- 5+ years of work experience and demonstrated capability in building and maintaining a production-level database/analytics environment consisting of multiple technologies working together
- Working experience with Teradata Database
- Strong understanding of the function and role of analytics technologies such as RDBMS’s, SQL, open-source, cloud technologies, and analytic functions; and strong design and architecture skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work independently, problem solve, improvise, and manage time effectively
- Experience collaborating across virtual cross-functional teams
- “Get stuff done” attitude to produce compelling marketing and technical content
- San Diego, in-office presence is required
- Ability to travel; ~15%
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises.
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 9 years running
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value
Here is a link with more info: https://teradata.zoomforth.com/-san-diego
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator / Developer
Job Category: Marketing
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US