Solution Architect - GDC
Location: Islamabad, Islamabad PK
Requisition Number: 203395
Position Title: Glob Deliv Ctr Consultant (III)
The Solution Architect has deep knowledge of a stack of technologies required for a client’s solution.
The Solution Architect defines the logical and physical architecture blueprints for a project, works with the Ecosystem Architect to determine technology and implementation choices and tradeoffs.
The Solution Architect has consulting and people leadership skills targeting client Enterprise Architects and Project Tech Leads.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Deliver Architecture assignments at Teradata customers with focus on delivering Solution Architecture across the entire analytic ecosystem including Teradata Vantage, Open Source and third-party tools with deployment on cloud or on-premise.
- Work directly with Teradata Ecosystem Architects and customer Architects and provide support to project teams.
- Define and develop architecture for integration of the Ecosystem Architecture components into the client’s Analytic Ecosystem.
- Define logical architecture and/or physical blue-prints for a client solution.
- Provide architecture thought leadership and actively participate in the design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Define the client’s architecture at the mid-levels of the analytic architecture cube - the Logical to Solution (Physical) Layers.
- Work with Teradata project managers to scope projects and develop a statement of work, project plan, and risk analysis.
- Spreads knowledge on Teradata Analytic Ecosystem Architecture and latest architecture trends, tools & technologies across all centers of the Global Delivery Centers (GDC).
- Assists in conducting Architecture Workshops in GDC centers.
- Plays a mentor role and supports internal programs such as GDC Tech Lead Program or Architecture Foundation Program.
- Helps, invite and arrange knowledge sharing sessions from various teams in the GDC.
- Solution Expert with Implementation Experience - Has been or is now actively involved in technical consulting engagements
- Deep technical experience in one/many areas within the analytic ecosystem technologies, and knowledgeable in others to connect appropriate dots for a given solution
- Expertise in Hadoop and Open Source is a plus - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Hadoop and Open Source options. Certifications are a plus.
- Expertise in Teradata and Commercial - Has been or is currently actively involved in designing and or implementing projects that include Teradata and other commercial options. Certifications in other commercial tools such as Informatica, MicroStrategy etc. are a plus
- Expertise in On-Premises and Cloud is a plus - Can define architectures covering on-premises, cloud, and hybrid of on-premises combined with cloud. Accreditations and certifications are a plus.
- Expertise documenting technical systems architectures and explaining the systems so that both developers and technical (IT) managers can understand the rationale behind the design.
- Architecture Framework Expertise - Expertise on Teradata Architecture Framework.
- Adopts Architecture Principles - Adopts and validates the architecture definition against Teradata's architecture principles and Advocated Positions.
- Identifies and Utilizes Design Patterns - Promotes reuse through actions, identifies and develops emerging patterns.
- Teradata Certifications – Teradata 14 & 16 certifications.
- Consulting and leadership skills targeted at customer project roles
- Targets Audience Appropriately - Transitions between architects and implementers at appropriate level for audience
- Articulate and persuasive - Can present as a solution team leader and influence decisions
- Proven experience in customer facing roles for large engagements and managing solution delivery teams.
- Ability to learn and adopt quickly based on customer needs
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive at staying on top of leading technologies and learning how to apply them for our clients.
- GDC consultants that have been through the GDC Architecture Foundation Program will have an advantage based on their performance in the Program.
- Architecture certifications such as TOGAF, Zachman etc. are a plus.
- Readiness to travel to customer sites for short, medium or long-term engagements.
Community / Marketing Title: Solution Architect - GDC
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Islamabad, Islamabad PK