Software Services Engineering Intern
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 203382
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment at Teradata, a place to brainstorm with the best engineering minds and surprise yourself with what's possible every day.
Teradata Applications is seeking a student intern for a summer position as a Services Engineering Intern. The ideal candidate will be a talented developer capable of designing and implementing the features and components to empower Teradata’s “Best of Breed” Enterprise Marketing applications. The applicant must thrive in making innovative applications, websites, and solutions.
We are looking for candidates that are passionate about their work and embrace the ideals of software craftsmanship and agile development practices.
- Work as part of a team to implement and operate a scalable, secure, and high-performance, API driven, service-oriented platform deployed worldwide.
- Work closely with a team of engineers to design and implement features and components aligned with Teradata Applications business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams to design and implement web-applications and refactor codebase to improve maintainability.
- Solve complex scalability platform, and integration problems.
- Learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries for building production applications.
- Must be enrolled in BS/MS/PhD degree program. With graduation dates between December 2019-June 2021.
- Experience with developing web applications using Java 1.8, using Java libraries such as Spring, Apache Commons, JAXB, and/or hBase. The internship will provide an opportunity to work as part of a team designing and implementing high performing, scalable, and secure web applications.
- Exposure to design and implementation of API driven applications and using and creating REST services.
- Exposure to NoSQL data stores, index stores and caching technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch and Memcached.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases such as Teradata, SQL Server, and Oracle and writing SQL queries.
- Understand working within a continuous integration stack using tools such as JIRA, Git, Bamboo/Jenkins.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the latest technologies with a focus on customer delivery and the ability to put their ideas in writing.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: Software Services Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US