Staff Security Architect
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203367
Position Title: TB Software Architect (I)
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data analytics and discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data analytics and discovery technology to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
The Teradata Staff Infrastructure Security and Compliance Architect will be responsible for integrating compliance into defined security standards, engineering and defining the integration of security solutions required for the ‘Teradata Everywhere’ and ‘Security Everywhere’ missions at Teradata. This role will exist in Teradata’s Technology and Innovation Office (TIO) and will lead the design of scalable platform security standards, practices and services that ensure our customers’ data are appropriately protected and monitored. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about security and love the challenge of working in highly distributed and dynamic environments.
• Set standards for engineering secure deployment of infrastructure and ecosystem components that support all Teradata products
• Set Standards, and assist in the development and deployment of secure operating systems and infrastructure/services patterns
• Hold role of Security Architect for infrastructure, middleware, core and shared services
• Partner with product management, engineering and operational teams to ensure that security architectures support compliance (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC), customer and operational requirements for all Teradata products
• Assist other Security Architects in the production of detailed system designs
• Prepare and document security standards, operating processes and procedures
• Identify/Deploy technical solutions and/or new security tools for focused risk reduction
Skills and Attributes:
The ideal candidate will possess the skills and experience listed below:
• Strong understanding of platform, application and infrastructure security standards and best practices
• Proven track record designing, documenting and successfully deploying security solutions
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure security tools, models and patterns
• Experience with information technology operations, information security operations, business continuity and disaster recovery, and security incident response
• Experience deploying market standard on-premise and cloud-based security solutions
• Ability to quickly develop working relationships with peers and key stakeholders, such as engineering, business partners, legal, internal audit and technology specialists
• Proficiency with Unix, shell scripting, security automation, and standard information security tools
• 10+ years of information technology experience
• 5+ years of Information Security experience
• Bachelor’s degree in information security/systems or related experience
• CISSP / CCSP certification a definite plus
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Security Architect
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US