Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203364
Position Title: Product Manager (I)
Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager will develop and implement pricing strategies for a company’s products or services. They work closely with several other departments, including sales, production and public relations. Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager provide input and support identification of target markets and review customer trends to help determine the need for new products or services.
The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager will be responsible for the Services Pricing, Strategy and Profitable Growth of Customer Support & Services offers. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager provide strategic and competitive pricing analysis aligned to Teradata’s corporate strategy and product pricing market position. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager will work closely with all needed Teradata pricing, deal desks, invoicing, contract management, product management and all other needed Teradata organizations to develop and deploy services pricing. In addition, the Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager will be responsible for driving pricing reviews and approvals and the lifecycle management of service prices and track profitability and market position. The position is for a highly motivated, creative individual that is goal oriented, flexible and has a strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager directly impacts profitability of Teradata Customer Support & Services and customer satisfaction. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager works closely with the Product Pricing team, Sales/PreSales, Deal Desk, Product Management and Customers. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager leads pricing/cost analysis of new offerings with strong emphasis on Strategy, Market Knowledge, Offer Positioning and Industry direction. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager develops Strategy and Pricing Models and interfaces with all aspects of services pricing. The Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager assures completeness and quality of both depth and breadth of Teradata Customer Support & Services prices, leads global activities that support the Services Sales in Service Offer education, subject matter expertise, and deployment of Teradata Customer Support & Service prices. Provides the Teradata Customer Support & Services strategy and direction on pricing.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business//Management/Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years total experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed, and complex organization, including at least 2+ years of progressively more responsible consulting or similar experience required.
- Prior experience leading consulting teams to define and execute pricing and profitability management strategies.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have advanced analytical skills and judgment.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Expertise in data tools (Excel, Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc.) to support problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases.
- Ability to develop financial models to quantify potential opportunity, profitability, or pricing scenarios across offerings and markets.
- Demonstrable ability, and gain support from stakeholders with minimal supervision and manage projects from start to finish.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization.
- Experience developing executive communications, both written and verbal with clarity and precision.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal capacities.
- Determine what to charge for their products or services by considering production and other costs to determine the price point to make a profit. They set base prices and develop discount programs, assist in creating promotional campaigns, compare prices set by competitors and measure customer satisfaction based on the cost of a company’s product or service.
- Assess how can a firm's revenue model be redesigned to better align with a customer's buying process—and thereby increase willingness to pay
- Assess how can pricing help improve the predictability of earnings, and help manage risk
- Determine what pricing policies can help enforce and proactively manage profitability
- Identify how we can more effectively capture the true value of our products and services
- What quantitative and qualitative capabilities do we need to efficiently set and manage pricing
- Lead the execution and understanding of competition and pricing in the market by facilitating the gathering and benchmarking of data in coordination with strategy, sales, marketing leadership and adapt pricing accordingly.
- Monitor new trends in pricing strategy and recommend best practices.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing to establish List Price, Promotion and Bundling Strategy across entire Portfolio (product, services and fees). Ensure integration and alignment with Retail Organization.
- Establish Price Architecture across Channels in line with strategic priorities
- Provide thought leadership to identify and execute on actions to improve profitability. Partner with others to ensure changes result in sustainable value creation.
- Develop and facilitate the data and analytics required to measure businesses performance relative to pricing benchmarks
- Establish pricing targets and policies to maximize profitability and to understand and anticipate market changes.
- Lead the development and deployment of a standard process and governance model for the implementation and execution of pricing decisions.
- Liaise with IS/IT Organization on pricing strategy changes to ensure ERP System can support
- Develop the tools and process to evaluate our pricing architecture on a recurring basis
- Drive the adoption and improvement in pricing strategies, competencies, processes, systems, tools and incentives.
- Provide clear guidance, support, leadership and change management in the execution of the pricing process
- Lead the cross-functional pricing strategy and execution organization
- Develop tools and processes to continually improve quality and delivery efficiency of pricing function.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Offer Management – Services Pricing Manager
Job Category: Product Management
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US