Software Engineer Intern
Location: El Segundo, California US
Requisition Number: 203352
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The heart of Teradata is its best-in-class query optimization engine. We work on query optimization techniques, automation mechanisms, machine learning algorithms, scalability and elasticity issues, and many other exciting challenges. The query optimization group at Teradata has an opening for summer software engineering intern. During this internship, you are expected to contribute to the design, development, and testing of new enhancements and advanced features for Teradata. Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
- Investigate and design advanced query optimization and optimized analytics techniques
- Perform hands-on work on Teradata’s optimizer engine
- Perform benchmarks in various systems
- Work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Must be enrolled in a MS/PhD degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Graduating dates between December 2019 – June 2021
- Top-notch programming skills, preferably in C++
- Passionate, self-motivated, and team-oriented
- Solid fundamentals in Software Engineering (Data Structures, Algorithms…)
- Understanding of database fundamentals and SQL Programming
- Familiarity with distributed processing of large data sets (e.g. MapReduce, Hadoop)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: El Segundo
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: El Segundo, California US