ICT Account Manager
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 203344
Position Title: Sr. Acct Executive (V-T)
This is a primary selling role for Teradata into existing and prospective Teradata customers (the “Territory”). The Solution Sales Specialist is responsible for effectively executing the sales process and managing new business development in the Territory. The role is responsible for maintaining, communicating and executing the sales plan for the Territory across the broader team.
This is a quota carrying position and is the primary selling role in the Teradata Solution Sales model.
The Territory includes a mega major account in the Financial Services sector in Sydney.
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
The Territory is dramatically accelerating its focus on the more effective use of information and analytical capability in its business. Teradata has had a successful association with this Territory to date and it is essential that we leverage this success to further grow the Territory.
Teradata seeks to appoint a new and key team member to to provide strategic leadership and assist in building on the successes of the existing team, with the aim of expanding the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and Big Data Analytics footprint (including Open source technologies like Hadoop) and driving further growth and success.
A well established team of Teradata Professional Services consultants works closely within the account team to generate significant and sustainable consulting services revenues, and to develop strategic initiatives that exploit the value and capabilities of an ever-expanding Teradata environment.
The key to success for the role is in understanding the challenges / future direction of the particular industry segment/s, how these challenges apply to the Territory and the value achieved for the customer in solving the challenges and exploiting market opportunities. It is also key to be able to help the customer develop the business case by focusing on value creation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Results and Growth
- Orders and Revenue goal attainment
- Continued capture of relevant data in the EDW ecosystems environment(s) to enable the introduction of information and value-based business improvement programmes and projects.
- Continuously research the relevant industry segment to be able to develop the value propositions for Teradata solutions, in conjunction with other account team members.
- Utilise a structured approach and Teradata’s qualification tools for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business initiatives.
- Develop understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the account(s) in order to determine appropriate sales approaches for each level within organisation.
- Develop key C level relationships and a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer’s tactical and strategic objectives. Sales call execution
- Effectively advise and influence the customer especially within the development of business needs, decision criteria, and creation of an ROI framework, through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing/sales campaigns.
- Execute high quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with customer non-IT business leaders. The objective being to influence the corporate strategy regarding the use of Data Warehousing, Big Data Analytics, Advanced Analytics and Open Source Consulting capabilities.
- Execute high quality one on one discussions utilising advanced questioning and influencing skills with IT / CIO level managers.
- Before any sales call, plan for key outcomes and next steps that the customer will commit to performing after the sales call (advances).
- Presenting high quality, professional presentations and proposal materials
- Capture information in a constantly maintained Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
- Continuously engage the extended sales team in account planning and execution. Effectively utilise resources as required to best exploit available opportunities.
Reporting, Administration and Training
- Complete, lock-off and submit a monthly outlook as required based on the Teradata fiscal calendar.
- Update SAMpipeline-management system tool weekly in order to maintain accurate opportunity forecast
- Complete all assigned Country Ready to Sell (CRS) and other assigned training within the timeframes allotted.
Account and Opportunity Management
- Maintain the Account Plan in accordance with the established Account Plan standard.
- Within (180 days) of account assignment of each Managed Account, develop and present for sign-off an Account Priorities and Objectives spreadsheet.
- Manage all opportunities in accordance with the Opportunity Management process, including the creation of Opportunity Plans, the scheduling of Early in the pipeline Opportunity reviews, the use of the Opportunity Analysis System, and the Bid Review Process.
- Work through sales process with key players in a timely manner to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe.
- Continuously develop the account to ensure repeat business combined with a proactive focus on developing new business opportunities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in a business/science related field (Marketing, Sales Management, Science).
- 10 years + Solutions Sales experience including proven track recod with mega major accounts and quotas above $10m.
- The ideal candidate will have exposure to and understanding of the Financial Services Industry, the customers and their key executives and management.
- Experience in selling complex technology solutions. e.g. EDW/BI solutions, ERP solutions and bundled hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
- Experience in developing and executing structured account plans for large, complex accounts and maintaining year-on-year growth.
- Experience researching prospective organisations to develop the value propositions for solutions sales.
- Utilisation of a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business.
- Experience mapping out the key players in the prospect account and determining the appropriate sales strategy.
- Understanding of and success in a sales environment that requires creation of capital expenditure plans and budgets.
- Demonstrated success in value-linking and demand creation
- Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level in both business and technology, on a regular basis.
- Proven ability in solutions sales environment
- Understanding and current use of a consultative questioning model. For example SPIN selling
- Demonstrated success in proactively prospecting into existing accounts
- To have effectively advised and influenced prospects through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data spaces and Open Source is preferred.
- High level strategic planning skills, including liaising with extended sales team.
- Ability to lead complex proposals.
- Ability to plan and execute new business development plans for new prospects.
- Proven ability to deliver against demanding targets.
- Account Planning and execution.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in professional consultative selling skills such as SPIN questioning
- Ability to transform strategy into results.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment.
- Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork.
- Candour- The ability to have open and effective business conversations with customer senior leaders
- Confidence- The ability to influence others through candidate’s demeanour and professionalism
- High level of personal integrity.
- Customer focused.
- Result oriented.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Self-motivated and competitively driven.
- High degree of energy and initiative.
- Resilient and focused.
- High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Team focus - works within a sales team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and/or influence of others.
- Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and produce high quality work. Optimises available resources.
- Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others.
- Travel – may be required to travel locally and internationally to attend Teradata events, host customer visits, or other as required.
The Salary Range for this position is: $100,000 - $250,000
Please state your Australia Citizen/Visa status on your resume.
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: ICT Account Manager
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU