Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 203332
Position Title: Product Manager (I)
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION
We are looking to hire Product Manager Manager to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad to be part of Teradata’s Analytics Platform Group.
Do you want to drive innovation and creativity across your portfolio? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you? Would you like to work side-by-side with the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to help organizations innovate and solve their big data needs? If yes, the Teradata Product Management team has your next career opportunity.
Teradata’s recently launched Vantage platform is the industry’s cutting edge advanced analytic and deep learning platform. The Vantage Product Management team is expanding and seeking results-driven Strategic Product Managers for Vantage
to join our team in Hyderabad, India to lead key initiatives and deliver analytics cloud services targeting the top tier enterprises in the world.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies. Teradata employees enjoy state-of-the-art facilities that are conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere.
As a Teradata Product Owner/Manager you will be part of our cross-functional Product Team, leading roadmap development and agile execution and oversight of the product development lifecycle. Internally, the role involves close collaboration with other key leaders, Product Managers, Development, Support, Sales and Consultancy teams across Teradata’s global business.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
• Engage in the development of use cases, user requirements and business plan for an offering or a solution
• Lead the agile scrum teams and own the product development lifecycle for your initiatives or offerings
• Develop detailed User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance
• Monitor ongoing execution of initiative or offering development by collaborating closely with functional teams in an agile environment.
• Lead efforts to drive early customer validation and adoption
• Track progress against success metrics and escalate potential risks or arising issues.
• Facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking.
• Attend trade/technical conferences to keep up with market trends and technologies
• Participate in product launch activities, the creation of sales training and certification requirements and determine technical sales dependencies. Determine partner / ecosystem training requirements and detail roles.
Skills/Experience You’ll Need to Be Successful:
· Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent of education and experience
· 4-7+ years of dedicated Product Management experience in a Software technology business
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ideally, you will also have the following:
• 4+ years of technical software development or cloud database architecture experience
• 2+ years of field consulting or other relevant experience
• Strong understanding of Enterprise Database / Datawarehouse/ Analytics and Cloud Service market place
• Ability to lead scrum teams and negotiate with key stakeholders
• Understands UX design, User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria
• Experience working in an agile product development environment and tools such as Aha!, Jira or equivalent
• Ability to work directly with engineers and vendors to design and iterate on backlogs
• Analytical thinking and creative ability to work outside the box to solve problems
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with account teams and customers
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• Recent experience in Design and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Enterprise SW or Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, DWaaS) services and solutions
Proven capabilities/Experience in relational database technology a plus
· Experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica, related DB platforms), Teradata Tools & utilities, Hadoop and Big Data Solutions and operational knowledge of third-party GUI and data transformation tools (Tableau, Talend, Informatica and others)
· Hands-on experience in the design, development or support of data warehouse solutions, gained in a pre- or post-sales environment at a leading technology vendor or end-user computing organization
· Working knowledge in one or more; Data Management, Data Protection, Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Software Automation, Database Workload Management, Database Optimizer, Native Cloud Services, Performance, Extensibility, Analytics, Database Tools and Utilities
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Product Manager
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN