Chief of Staff - Americas Region
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203329
Position Title: Sales Operations Director (II)
Chief of Staff – Americas Region
The Chief of Staff is a key leadership position for the Americas Go-To-Market (GTM) organization. This highly visible role serves as trusted advisor to the SVP AMS Sales and Services and acts as a key liaison among multiple sales leaders, business functions, executives and region management. This position assists the AMS Lead in determining and managing top priorities and represents the AMS GTM group in working with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the analytics industry and Teradata’s customers, product offering, employees and fostering a winning sales culture across the organization. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, influencing and leadership skills will be critical. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization at every level. The candidate must be a strategic thinker who can quickly operationalize company-wide initiatives and demonstrates natural learning agility and personal flexibility in a fast paced, change-oriented environment.
This position requires the ability to balance and influence multiple competing priorities and individuals and will direct, monitor and contribute to strategic projects and programs internal and external to the AMS Go-To Market organization. The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction for change management initiatives, budget and financial planning, project management, and program development on behalf of the AMS GTM Leader. Additionally, this position has oversight for all ongoing projects supporting the AMS GTM agenda to ensure that the established milestones and measurement criteria are being met. The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with employees and managers to streamline processes, with the goal of improving customer delivery and satisfaction.
Business Analytics – Analyze a variety of business variables from both a strategic and operational point of view, using qualitative and quantitative analytics identify potential issues, recommend resolution, and prioritize and deploy business process improvement initiatives across the organization. Including, but not limited to, reviewing business cases for change, annual budgets and customer contracts.
AMS Leadership Team – Develop and have oversight of the content and logistics of the sales planning offsite, quarterly business reviews, employee Town Halls, monthly leadership meetings, 12-month planning calendar, Global Sales Summit and global sales leadership meetings. This includes agenda development, initiative tracking and ensuring efficient/productive meeting logistics and facilitation.
AMS GTM (Region)– Working in conjunction with Finance managing the AMS GTM budget, annual operating plan, AMS event and customer engagement calendar, and employee engagement. Ensures all required preparation is on time for all stakeholder meetings, customers, employees, etc. Develop and deliver customer facing content for executive presentations. Coordinates monthly presentations, relevant documents and briefing materials for the AMS GTM monthly/quarterly operations reviews to COO and CRO and other commitments. Determine appropriate content and messaging. Actively participate in and/or lead various forums/meetings, both internal and external, preparing presentations and reporting back to the various stakeholders.
Communications – In partnership with Corporate Communications, ensures consistent impactful communication to employees, customers, partners, and other key stakeholders. This includes managing organizational announcements and confidential projects.
- Broad and independent functional knowledge of complex business outcome focused software and services sales
- Varied business background with operations and strategy experience
- Ability to transform general strategic direction into tactical action plans, with validation from stakeholders, generating choices and opportunities
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner
- Strong ability to manage multiple deliverables, even in the face of ambiguity
- Sound planning and resource management skills
- Strong interpersonal/negotiation skills, to include conflict resolution; demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving
- Experience in developing new and uncharted business solutions which have significant, direct impact on profit and loss
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional environment to develop solutions that maximize business results
- Must be able to manage conversations with the Board and C-Suite with ease and confidence
- Self-starter who requires minimum supervision
- Desire and motivation to put in the time and effort and make personal sacrifices including travel
- Broad business background with the ability to converse intelligently with other functional areas such as Marketing, Legal, Finance, HR, Sales, Sales Operations and IT, as well as external consultant, partners and customers
- Must be able to handle sensitive information without disclosure
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical discipline, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of general management experience minimum five years of experience in Corporate Strategy, Sales, Consulting, Strategic Planning or Business Operations
- Strong strategic and financial analysis skills
- Previous experience in the technology industry a plus knowledge of financial controls, the IT organization, and a broad understanding of business drivers and strategies
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Chief of Staff - Americas Region
Job Category: Sales
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US