Senior Manager, Global Physical Security
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203322
Position Title: IT Manager (I)
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global Data Analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services organization.
The Global Physical Security Manager will leverage broad knowledge of the physical security controls implemented at Teradata and provide requirements for risk management. This is a global role with responsibility for responding to security needs across the entire Teradata corporation.
The Global Physical Security Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and day-to-day operations of Teradata’s physical and personnel security risk management strategy and associated programs and will serve as the focal point for this function across the organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support and execute the day-to-day operations of Teradata’s physical and personnel security program. This security function includes mechanisms to: identify, assess and mitigate security risks to the organization; support existing incident and crisis management plans and protocols; and support the continuity of business operations.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the company’s policies, standards, guidelines, processes, procedures and plans that govern and manage physical and personnel security for Teradata globally.
- Services key security programs to protect Teradata’s critical assets, including: physical, technical and site security; travel security; executive protection; event security; workplace violence prevention and response; investigations; threat analysis; customer audits, and security training and awareness. Specifically:
- Facilities Security. Provides advisory and support services to Teradata sites in implementing policies, standards and systems. Areas covered may include perimeter security, lighting and security signage, CCTV and video management system/analytics, access controls, visitor management systems, intrusion detection alarms and guard force operations. Conduct physical site security assessments and work to implement enhancements to mitigate risk.
- Executive Protection & Event Security. Develop, coordinate and implement security plans that serve to mitigate risk to Teradata executives and employees at numerous events held globally. Ability to conduct both domestic and international travel to support event and executive security operations.
- ProWatch Support. Provide expert implementation and maintenance of Teradata’s ProWatch system globally. Perform problem analysis, configure new and changed access locations. Train new users on ProWatch system. Monitor stock levels and work with internal facilities group to order and track receipt to regional offices.
- Incident Response. Monitor/investigate alarms in ProWatch for US facilities and assist with offshore sites. Investigate and provide employee physical access reports to internal stakeholder via Pro-Watch.
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response. Oversees the development of employee safety programs that aid in the prevention of threats and violence in the workplace, and support response in the event of an incident.
- Corporate Investigations. Conduct investigations on both internal and external matters including physical security events, threats of violence, theft of corporate property and other criminal matters. Gather intelligence as it relates to any threats directed against the company and its employees.
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S)
- Assist Teradata University to create training. Provide training and assist coordinators in each country on Environmental Health and Safety. Provide Primary Point of Contact for EH&S.
- Develop and implement emergency action plans and ensure EHS coordinators are conducting annual drills to test these plans.
- Coordinate with country contact to provide country specific reports & audits.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and provides safety records for all US facilities to OSHA on an annual basis.
- Maintain information regarding policies, facilities & coordinators.
- Maintain situational awareness on world events that may impact Teradata employees and operations. Monitor critical events and provide briefings to executive leadership on these events.
- Emergency Communications System Support
- Provide support and oversight for corporate emergency communications system. Coordinate with country and location contacts in response to emergencies.
- Federal / Assistant Facility Security Officer
- Coordinate clearance for new TGS employees, assists with completion of forms and monitors the submission process.
- Ensure policies are maintained, security requirements met, and DSS audits are performed at random times.
- Perform incident investigations focusing on employees with clearances as they relate to arrests, bankruptcies, pre and post foreign travel for required reporting to DoD.
- Manage annual self-inspection of all clearance records, facilities inspections & submit attestation for NIST & NISPOM; eFCL – electronic Facility Clearance system.
- Monitor JPAS weekly for correspondence from DSS and for status of any investigations.
Key skills and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of the physical and personnel security industry and associated security best practice.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other Teradata groups, teams and stakeholders globally to implement security programs and practices in the organization. Willingness to adapt to the company’s organizational culture, pace of operations and requirements.
- Ability and willingness to be on call 24/7 to respond to company-related security emergencies and to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in a private sector corporate security organization or a related public-sector organization (focused on physical and personnel security). Some private sector corporate security experience is highly preferred.
- Top Secret Clearance or the ability to qualify for a Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and professional certifications in an area of study relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated experience and exposure in the domestic and international security arena dealing with and managing security-related issues.
- Crisis management and business continuity experience is preferred.
- Baseline knowledge of cyber security and EHS
- Drafting/enforcing internal security policies
- Experience in IT audit, information security, or compliance
- Experience performing physical security audits, risk assessments, and reviewing and developing key processes and controls
- Ability to effectively work and collaborate with technical and non-technical resources
- Strong organizational skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Global Physical Security
Job Category: Facilities
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US