Senior Technical Program Manager-Vantage
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 203317
Position Title: Senior Product Manager-NoCal
The Vantage Program Management Office group focuses on driving execution of the Vantage program across multiple product development groups and across Test, Quality, Technical Documentation, Customer Support, Teradata Innovation Office, and Product Management teams.
We are seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager to lead the deployment and sustaining efforts of the Vantage releases. The person will be responsible for driving and managing a cross functional team that will deliver the product offer (consisting of multiple components from most of the other Teradata product groups as well as all associated offers/upgrades and options) and all associated product development activities and deliverables. The Sr. Technical Program Manager will be responsible for maintaining and driving everything related to the program release and execution. Responsibilities also include making sure that programs are consistent with the goals and priorities of overall Teradata objectives and commitments.
This is a large, highly visible software development program and your role is to take the releases to engineering ready. In this role, you will have a solid understanding of scaled Agile in a large, cross-functional organization. Sr. Technical Program Manager will be responsible for providing program team members with a strategic business perspective while dealing tactically with the daily issues of coordinating, organizing and facilitating multiple software development teams. Your skills will include Program Increment Planning kickoff, cross-team collaboration, conflict resolution, risk mitigation and schedule management. Sr. Technical Program Manager will have the experience and skills necessary to continuously improve the way we develop and deliver Teradata products worldwide.
- Managing Teradata Engineering programs to engineering complete
- Developing the overall program plan, coordinating project schedules, managing resource requirements, managing and mitigating risk, and tracking and following up on internal and external dependencies
- Ensuring that required process artifacts are generated and preserved.
- Leading and facilitating regular program team meetings, team coordination, action item tracking and release content management.
- Working with Product Managers, Release Managers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to align business strategy and program execution.
- Anticipating, minimizing and mitigating risks for the Vantage releases.
- Interfacing with other organizations and coordinatin schedules/interdependencies
- Working with Product Managers on prioritization
- Identifying quality and productivity improvement actions
- Escalating critical issues as necessary
- Special projects as assigned
- Manage many internal stakeholders in Teradata and Aster Labs, Teradata CS, Documentation, Product Management, Support programs, and Customer account teams.
Skills & Attributes:
The successful candidate will have
Excellent program management skills with strong analytical and business acumen
• Experience managing cross-functional teams that are not under direct control including product management, engineering, support, manufacturing, marketing, and customers
• Self-directed and detail oriented, who doesn't let items "slip through the cracks".
• Help team members manage their priorities to achieve program milestones and goals.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to present concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences.
• Demonstrated knowledge of agile release processes with the ability to apply it to the deployment and product realization.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Multitask between projects with shifting priorities
• Ability to take on additional roles and responsibilities as required.
• US Permanent Residence or Citizen
• BS or MS in computer science, engineering, business or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience in program or product management or development for enterprise solutions
• Masters in engineering, computer science, business or related discipline
• Experience managing agile development and support life cycles
• Demonstrated understanding of Agile development methodology, Program management experiences, Cloud environments, and emerging big data technologies
This position is located in Santa Clara, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technologies and product strategies forward.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Program Manager-Vantage
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US