Data Science Time Series Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203309
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (II)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata Labs is looking for candidates interested in solving next generation big data problems leveraging modern and open source tools and frameworks in combination with tried and true best-in-class technologies. Candidates will be a part of a team tasked with building the next generation of Unified Data Architecture technology. You will analyze large volumes of sensor data to discover new patterns and perform predictive analytics.
Teradata’s Analytic Ecosystem team is seeking a graduate level Data Scientist intern to join our team
for the summer of 2019. This summer internship will focus on researching, building and deploying time-series models that predict resource consumption on large-scale analytic platforms. As a member of our team, the candidate will work in collaboration with other members of the team to research, design, prototype, test and document novel algorithms and predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making on telemetry data. You will have an opportunity to gain experience with massive datasets, which includes data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling, and rapid prototyping.
You will also receive mentorship and career guidance from our interconnected Teradata Data Science Community who work in various capacities across the organization including internal projects, external projects, and consulting.
- Must be enrolled in a MS/PhD degree program in Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science or other relevant discipline
- Graduating between December 2019 – June 2021
- At least a 3.5 GPA
- Extensive knowledge of statistics (exploratory analysis, modeling and theory), data mining, and in drawing conclusions from data
- Demonstrable experience with Time Series and Spatial Data modeling
- Experience using at least one scientific or statistical programming language such as Matlab, Octave, R, or Python (desired packages: SciPy, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Pandas, TensorFlow)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team members to solve research problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics
• Familiarity with SQL
• Prior analytics work experience: internship, research assistantship, or full-time position
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Time Series Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US