Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 203306
Position Title: Software Engineer (III)
COME AND JOIN THE BIG DATA REVOLUTION:
We are looking for a professional Hadoop Data engineer to work at our prestigious Teradata R&D Labs at Hyderabad.
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, we help over 1,400 customers leverage their data like never before. Our people are the heart of our success. We are passionate about what we do. We ask questions. We know our customers intimately. We think differently. You can, too. If You love technology and what it can do. You have a global mindset, and want a dynamic place where capability and creativity merge … where your talents shine, where your future is yours to shape, where your innovations make the world better.
With primary development center in Hyderabad and two R&D facilities in Bangalore and Pune the team is in excess of 500 engineers. R&D Labs at Hyderabad is the biggest R&D division outside of San Diego facility, and has teams producing world class features for the Teradata database stack and its Unified Data Architecture. The Labs team in India work on wide variety of products and technologies including core database internals, both on the server and client side of the Teradata’s world renowned database platform, Aster, Hadoop, Teradata’s cloud offerings and performance engineering
Sound appealing? Then, you belong with us – Teradata.
Fast-paced, flexible, fun. That describes our work environment… a place to brainstorm with the best data minds, engage customers and surprise yourself with what’s possible, every day.
Job title: Hadoop Data Engineer
This position is for a Hadoop senior developer who will be specializing in TDCH Hadoop projects. Development / deployment and administration of Hadoop/MapReduce/Spark applications will be a key competency for this position. He will be working with customers in understanding their environment and suggesting/fixing issues from engineering stand point.
• 8+ years’ experience in one or more of the following is essential:
• Hands on Java MapReduce Programming in Hadoop Environment.
• Writing the JDBC application for SQL Databases.
• Debugging the Java MapReduce Application.
• Proficient in Hadoop echo system (Hadoop, Hive, OOZIE, Sqoop).
• Also, development tools like eclipse, maven, shell scripting.
• Continuous Integration Environment like Jenkins, JIRA, Wiki.
• Experience in Hadoop Data Ingestion tools and utilities
• Experience in Basic SQL/Shell scripting
• Communication and understanding the architecture of enterprise system is essential for this role.
Nice to have Experience:
• Big Data/Hadoop implementation.
• Databases: Teradata, DB2, PostGreSQL, MySQL, Oracle (one or more required).
• Exposure on NoSQL platforms (e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores) and MPP Databases (Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Aster Data, Vertica)
• Hadoop Monitoring tools (Nagios, Ganglia, Cloudera Manager, and Ambari etc)
State: Andhra Pradesh
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN