Staff Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer
Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 203289
Position Title: Engineer (IV)-NoCal
Staff Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer
The Artificial Intelligence Incubator is at the forefront of innovation in Artificial Intelligence and is responsible for creating artificial intelligence software solutions for large Enterprise needs –reliable, scalable and connected with our customers’ analytic and data management ecosystems. Our team needs your expertise to build a world-class team to deliver great software. Much like a new start up environment, our team is nimble with the ability to wear multiple hats and have a passion for learning new technologies. Our growth mindset means that the team will rely on you to help attract top talent and be the engineering leader of Artificial Intelligence initiatives for Teradata. Teradata has a great new story to tell and you will be part of this incubator to create new products and work closely with a cross-functional team to support lighthouse customers and drive to scale adoption. Bring your entrepreneurial spirit and ability to wear many hats to create a great team.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Artificial Intelligence software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and developing software products for machine and deep Learning, and integration of Artificial Intelligence capabilities into existing Teradata products. You will be responsible for writing product software code and tests, contributing to an agile team, and working to support customer usage of this software. You will be responsible for learning and supporting open source and commercial software for Artificial Intelligence to be used by customers. This role is part of a focused team that is incubating Artificial Intelligence offers within Teradata’s product organization. As a team member, you will collaborate with colleagues in the incubator and consultants who are working with customers to implement solutions. This is an Engineering position, which will provide for Research and Development activities
- Contribute to designing and building our next generation architecture for Artificial Intelligence capabilities
- Learn new technologies and techniques from efficient GPU programming, C, CUDA
- Design and develop great software for production use
- Define and deliver high quality APIs with well-encapsulated code
- Prototype new technologies and approaches to assess alternatives
- Perform high complexity integration testing, distributed development and validate integration
- Work as part of an agile team, delivering new functionality on a regular cadence
- Work in a collaborative and fast-paced fun team environment with effective communication and assisting peers. Be an asset and contributor to the team.
- Work with a group of Machine Learning engineers, data scientists and product management
- Distill business objectives into technical solutions through effective system design and architecture
- Show ownership and completion for delivery of technical functions
- Provide technical and analytical solutions to evaluate the merits and challenges of a product idea
- Responsible for prevention and early detection of defects through verification and validation activities ensuring the integrity and quality of all work products including automated tests.
Experience, skills, and knowledge requirements
- Solid background in multiple programming languages e.g. Java, Python
- Solid background in object-oriented design
- Prior experience with distributed system development with micro services
- Prior experience with scalable infrastructure using technologies like Kubernetes, Kafka, ZooKeeper, etc…
- Experience developing service-oriented systems, REST
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience developing with a Deep Learning framework e.g. TensorFlow, Keras
- Experience automating production infrastructure at scale
- Experience building infrastructure monitoring, reporting, automation, or capacity management tooling
- 5+ years of full time programming experience within an operations or technical department.
- 5+ years of direct experience with multiple agile teams.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US