IT Business Analyst
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203261
Position Title: IT Sr Systems Analyst (I)
Teradata Corporation’s Global IT Services Operations Team is seeking exceptional individuals to add to its San Diego based team. The IT Business Analyst position will partner with numerous functional areas including IT Management, IT Project Managers, Financial Planners / Analysts, Accounting, Procurement, and Audit teams to provide policy and procedural insights and improvement recommendations, as well as robust budget reporting, forecasts, and detailed cost / investment reporting. The IT Business Analyst will also assist in the vendor management activities, daily purchasing setup and processing of POs, invoices, and project related financial management tools. Position also works daily with financial analyst counterparts focused on financial monitoring activities to ensure work meets stated service level agreements (SLAs) and financial objectives. The IT Business Analyst is an exciting and diverse role with the Global IT Services organization focused on critical organizational processes and procedures impacting the entire IT team. We are actively seeking strong candidates with experience in IT technologies and financial operations to join our exciting and growing San Diego based team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and analyze financial process setup for internal projects, including both capital expenditures and operating expenses.
- Evaluate business cases to define benefits or return on investments for new and ongoing projects.
- Review and process purchase requests from several departments globally
- Efficiently and accurately process purchase requests utilizing various applications/ tools, including ERP and vendor portals.
- Request price quotes from suppliers. Utilize country specific suppliers/ approved vendors.
- Ensure all materials are purchased on time per predefined specification
- Manage and assign end user/desktop software licenses. Perform annual true-up of licenses with vendor.
- Track and provide notification of eligible hardware refreshes globally.
- Monitor orders and follow up on the receipt of goods and/or services
- Monitor ongoing spend and costs of outsourced services/vendors.
- Code invoices for processing by accounts payables; perform invoice to purchase order matching and reconcile any discrepancies.
- Correspond (verbal & written) with internal and external contacts; end users, commodities management, accounts payables and vendors.
- Creates and maintains working IT operations process documentation.
- Create and maintains operational processing Service Level Agreements (SLA) with internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of the IT procurement process.
- Work with internal audit team to perform targeted IT operational audits and remediation plans.
- Create operating reports on IT investments and budgets.
- Assist in vendor negotiations and selection.
- Assist in periodic audits of IT on invoice, payment terms and expected performance results.
- Utilize Oracle and Vendor portals to request technology solutions for business
- Ensure timely processing of receipts and service availability through end user communications and receipt tracking with Kofax MarkView
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration; equivalent work experience in a Business or Financial Field
- 2-4 years of Financial Planning and Analysis Experience
- 1-3 years supporting a Technology Organization
- Solid understanding of Project Accounting/Job Cost Accounting processes and how they are used to manage technology investments
- Ability to drive solutions, present alternatives and reach a consensus to support operational needs within budget.
- Proficient in the use of MS products (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint)
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal necessary.
- Effective time management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to work as part of a team in a multitasking work environment.
- Business Process Improvement Experience
- Oracle ERP, ServiceNow, SalesForce, FinancialForce, Power BI, Workday Experience
- Knowledge of Infrastructure, Networking, Telecommunication services
- MBA or related advanced degree preferred
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: IT Business Analyst
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US