Workday Platform Manager
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203260
Position Title: Manager, IT
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As Manager within our Application Development organization, you will lead a team of Workday professionals to build out an existing Workday platform supporting a 10,000+ user base. Teradata is in a continuous development mode for the Workday platform which includes HCM, US Payroll, Expenses and Finance (Revenue Recognition Only). This team is comprised of Developers, Admin, Business Systems Analyst, and Integration Specialist. This development team utilizes an Agile development methodology to deliver their solutions to a globally dispersed user community.
You will navigate the organizations numerous product areas, build strong relationships with end users, stakeholders, and vendors, as well as the overall IT technical development team. Your responsibilities will include developing resources, processes, and tools to be used within your organization. An excellent understanding of HCM, Payroll, and Expenses as well as general development practices, processes and tools will be essential.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage a team that has hands-on design and development of solutions on the Workday platform including declarative customization, Workflow, and Integration.
- Direct continuous improvement of application development practices and tools to ensure state of the art efficient delivery of solutions.
- Drive customer satisfaction by successfully delivering on all project requirements and meeting committed milestones.
- Interface with the business stakeholders and other IT teams as needed
- Ability to execute development projects using an Agile methodology
- Participates in Demand Management process by estimating incoming business requirements.
- Lead the team in resolving technical roadblocks and proposing alternative solutions to problems
- Work with business teams to review requirements and propose alternative solution paths
- Resource management and task assignment responsibility for the team
- Establish service level management, aligning the data resources with business expectations for performance, availability, data quality, and data freshness
- Recruit, hire and develop necessary talent to meet critical program objectives.
- Support/Champion implementation of Information Security policies.
- Methodology – documents and disseminates processes, roles, and deliverables to enable consistent execution within projects
- IT Support – provides incident and problem resolution, including response to technical and data issues
- Solid knowledge of Workday architecture and integration components with expertise around creating and managing custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, page layouts, reports, custom workflows and approval processes within Workday.
- Excellent executive presence and ability to create a story for an executive audience
- Experience managing relationships with strategic suppliers/vendors (Workday, Microsoft, SaaS, etc.).
- Experience leading remote development teams.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while successfully meeting established goals and deadlines; manage work in a fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Strong communication, teaming and presentation skills
- Excellent consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Passion for working with SaaS based solutions
- Experience with integrating Workday with external systems
- Minimum eight (8) years’ in a variety of information management roles including managing an application development team.
- Minimum three (3) years of hands-on development experience required of managing HCM/Workday project teams
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in leadership or management, including end-to-end project leadership and budget responsibilities
- Track record for delivering successful high-profile projects
- BA/BS degree in an Information Technology or Business-related field required
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Workday Platform Manager
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US