Staff Software Engineer – Integration / Informatica
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203259
Position Title: Sr. IT Architect (I)
The Software Engineer – Integration/Informatica, reporting to the Director/Senior Manager of Integration technology, will be accountable for the design and implementation of application-to-application integration. Teradata is under-going transformational change of the organization, processes, and systems. We have recently deployed Workday, SharePoint Online, and Salesforce, and will soon deploy FinancialForce with the 2019 roadmap containing new cloud solutions for Customer Support, CPQ, Sales Compensation, Learning, and ERP. We desire an experienced software engineer to help drive us forward in the integration space. [Please note that this is NOT a data warehouse / ETL position.]
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement application integration using Teradata’s integration platform (Informatica).
- Establish yourself as a subject matter expert (SME) for efficient and effective use of Informatica’s Cloud Services iPaaS.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers associated with core applications, e.g., Salesforce, Workday, Oracle ERP, ServiceNow, SharePoint, etc.
- Communicate with source and consumer environment stakeholders to ensure seamless integration between various environments during design, development, testing and deployment phases.
- Review and analyze functional requirements and mapping documents.
- Contribute to the review of test plans and test cases to ensure all requirements are covered and the documents are thorough.
- Work with team leads and business analysts to provide support and contribution in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
- Assist in deploying and migrating project artifacts within the production environment.
- Maintain and monitor jobs and programs in production as well as provide issue resolution for any production failures. Assist and provide guidance to resolve system-related issues.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering experience, with a focus on integration, in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
- Demonstrated strength in implementing best-practice enterprise integration patterns [You have a copy of Enterprise Integration Patterns on your nightstand]
- Significant hands-on experience with Informatica Power Center and/or Informatica Cloud Services.
- Integration experience with web services/API via REST/SOAP/OData/JSON and other protocols
- SaaS/PaaS/cloud experience with best in breed providers like Salesforce, Workday, Informatica, Eloqua, Amazon Web Services, Azure and other similar CSPs.
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Experience with a variety of hosting models, including on-premise, vendor cloud, public cloud, and SaaS.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Ability to execute effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staff Software Engineer – Integration / Informatica
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US