Global Pricing and Deal Desk Leader
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203255
Position Title: Pricing Director (II)
Teradata is currently looking to fill the role of Global Pricing and Deal Desk Leader. The role reports directly to the Vice President of Finance, who reports to the CFO.
This role is responsible for operating the Deal Desk organization within Teradata that supports 300+ sales people and over 1,000 customers, generating competitive offers to customers and prospects that are consistent with Teradata’s strategy and drive profitability. Specifically, the Deal Desk is designed to support the sales team during the sales process including:
- Developing customer pricing strategy in conjunction with sales
- Project Managing complex and large opportunities including technical solution creation, consulting, support, contracts/legal, revenue recognition, and competitive analysis.
- Ensuring deal structures are aligned with Teradata strategy
- Executing profitability and scenario analysis for opportunities
- Ensuring all transactions adhere to the Teradata pricing governance process
- Drive automation and efficiency within the pricing process
- Tracking and reporting key pricing KPI’s to the organization
- Working closely with Strategic Offer Management in developing and continuously refining Teradata’s pricing strategy.
The candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the software industry within a number of different capacities, including Pricing, Project Management, Product Development, Sales, and/or Sales Engineer.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in business or technical competency. Post graduate degree (MBA) a plus.
- Proficient in windows applications including Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Global Pricing and Deal Desk Leader
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US