Commercial Account Development and Pricing Manager - French Speaking
Location: London, Greater London GB
Requisition Number: 203249
Position Title: Pricing Manager (I)
The Commercial Account Development and Pricing Manager supports a sales territory, navigating large and complex transactions from a business standpoint with an overall goal of optimizing transaction deal structure to maximize revenue and profit.
This position specifically supports the EMEA Region.
Teaming with the technical pricing manager and the sales team, this position also provides vital counsel to Sales and Sales Management concerning the most appropriate purchasing structure for a customer transaction given the customer’s purchasing and budgeting requirements.
This position will advise on appropriate deal structures as they relate to preferred revenue recognition treatment. This may include an understanding of current customer agreements to develop a strategy with the sales teams to amend those agreements, when required, to support Teradata’s strategic objectives and maximize revenue and profit.
Overall, on a day-to-day basis, working with the sales teams, this individual is accountable for using general business skills and knowledge to assist the Region VP and Sales management team win business and drive profitable growth.
This position will be customer facing when required.
Close working relationships are required with Sales, Financial Planning, Revenue Recognition, Legal, Product Management and other functions.
The position reports to the Regional Pricing Director.
- Participate in account planning sessions with sales teams to develop strategy on growing revenue and profit
- Coordinate across organizations to support large deal transactions from a business perspective
- Utilize high business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial and competitive data, and apply it to optimize sales opportunities
- Understand Teradata analytic technology to identify the customer value and competitive position that drives price and profit in opportunities for customers when using Teradata products and services
- Knowledge of accounting principles in order to understand customer purchasing impacts on Teradata’s offerings, including changes to revenue recognition and other accounting guidelines
- Creative thinker, able to come up with alternatives that increase offer effectiveness while protecting current and future price realization
- Understanding of the technology industry and price drivers
- Ability to review and interpret complex contract/customer agreement details
- Proficient verbal and written skills to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work closely with sales and sales management, and draw on other, often remote company resources
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- MBA or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related work experience. Could be in a broad range of functions including but not limited to Sales, Legal/Contracts, M&A/Investment Banking, Procurement, or Consulting
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification or work experience
- Established understanding of complex contracting terms and conditions
- Detail oriented and self-directed individual
- Knowledge of Software Information Technology industry
- Fluency in written and spoken French essential
- Able to travel 25-50% of the time
- Sales oriented, business savvy individual with financial expertise
- Experience in Data Analytics industry
State: Greater London
Community / Marketing Title: Commercial Account Development and Pricing Manager - French Speaking
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: London, Greater London GB