Head of Global Learning
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203223
Position Title: Learning Director (II)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics-at-scale and on our industry-leading technology foundation.
The Teradata Human Resources team is expanding and building capabilities to further drive our company and function’s transformation. We are seeking a highly skilled, business-minded, experienced HR leader to partner globally across all of Teradata's businesses.
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this position will serve as the Head of the Global Learning Organization for the enterprise. We are looking for a progressive, hand-on leader to help evolve, build, reimagine, and ultimately scale global learning and development at Teradata. In this role, you will be the face of learning and the chief architect of shaping our learning and development strategy and function for the future – bringing solutions that drive business outcomes and deliver extraordinary technical, leadership, and professional development experiences for our employees and customers.
- Strategy: You will partner with senior leaders, HR leadership team, and HR Business Partners to understand the skills and capabilities needed to enable Teradata to continue to transform and grow. You will develop and implement a progressive learning strategy, organization, operating and governance model. You will develop a company culture of continuous learning.
- Team Management: You will lead a large team of global learning professionals in the delivery of learning (technical, leadership, professional, functional, customer) across multiple and varied lines of business in a complex matrixed environment. You will sponsor and stabilize the learning organization transformation, sponsor Learning Governance, and champion new and ongoing learning initiatives
- Curriculum Design: You will leverage both internal and external approaches in curriculum design, ensuring the ideal solutions, approach and resources to meet the business needs. You will ensure that curriculum design and development are simple and high impact and are able to be delivered through multiple modalities (classroom, virtual, mobile, etc.).
- Brand and Communications: You will bring learning offerings to life for Teradata employees through marketing, communicating and delivering learning offerings in a way that inspires our employees to drive their own continuous development and allows them the ability to easily identify and access the right content at the right time.
- Partnerships: You will establish ongoing internal and external relationships to identify and support learning opportunities positioned to increase business revenue and minimize risk.
- Learning Technology: You will work with cross functional teams to identify learning technologies and content requirements, as well as guide company-wide implementation of new learning technologies.
- Vendor Relationships: You will review current relationships and ensure premier learning partnerships.
- Budget: You will manage the Global Learning budget and provide executives with insight into the cost and value of learning at Teradata.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Masters in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology and development or related field is preferred
- 15 years of experience in building and scaling global learning and development programs for a transforming organization that is investing in people and people practices
- Experience in mid-to-large, global companies, with global program deployment responsibilities. Experience in high tech and/or professional services industries preferred.
- Experience in leading a learning and development organization as a business.
- Experience in successfully developing business aligned global learning strategies and standing up a learning organization, operating, and governance model.
- Prior experience launching multi-platform/multi-modal learning experiences.
- Must have expertise across a variety of instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, adult learning theory, and blended learning strategies.
- Outstanding operational skills; we’re scaling fast and need to bring rigor to program communications, global roll-outs, reporting, evaluation etc.
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and an outstanding ability to operationalize global learning programs and analyze learning program effectiveness.
- Must have a roll-up your sleeves – no job too small mentality
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to define and solve problems quickly, while maintaining the focus on the bigger picture.
- Strong influencing skills with demonstrated capability in guiding effective stakeholder discussions.
- Natural relationship builder, with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, peers, subordinates and other key stakeholders.
- Experience working cross-culturally with diverse colleagues in a global environment.
- You are passionate about what you do, are highly accountable, and hold yourself and other to a high standard
- Excellent people leadership skills, including the ability to create and lead highly effective, efficient, and global teams.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work at rapid pace, where change is the norm.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the Big Data, Analytics, AI industry! Teradata invented the Big Data space and we’re now leading it at scale
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 8 years running
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Head of Global Learning
Job Category: Human Resources
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US