Technical Support Specialist II
Location: Columbia, South Carolina US
Requisition Number: 203222
Position Title: Technical Support Specialist (II)
Technical Support Specialist II
Are you a problem solver? Do you like a fast paced support environment that allows you to work with customers, field representatives and technical engineers? If so, the Teradata Base Support team is a great fit for you.
What We Do
The Teradata Base Support team is a 24x7 high volume global support center. Along with incident management, we provide technical/functional knowledge necessary to resolve customer’s problems, both internal and external.
What You’ll Do:
As a technical support specialist for Teradata’s Base Support team, you will perform troubleshooting activities, escalate problems to the appropriate party(s), identify solutions and communicate the solution to the customer. You will develop and maintain a working knowledge of current hardware, software, firmware, processes, and tools. You are required to have both strong technical and interpersonal skills.
Interesting Work You’ll Do: (Key Responsibilities)
- Accept and respond to incoming calls, incidents, and emails.
- Apply search tools to identify previously developed solutions and recognize patterns and symptoms.
- Research problems and analyze issues.
- Create knowledge.
- Identify and share known solutions from the knowledge base.
- Help end-users implement solutions.
- Track, monitor, and maintain incident progress.
- Participate in team projects.
Skills and Experiences You’ll Need to Be Successful: (Basic Qualifications)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of Technical Support related experience.
- Ability to work on specific shifts in a 24x7 Support environment, including weekends and holidays.
Ideally, you will also have the following: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Working knowledge of TDBMS or other relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Linux, UNIX, Cloud and other current operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Support Center procedures and troubleshooting protocols.
- Working knowledge of remote support tools including installation.
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.
Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Support Specialist II
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Columbia, South Carolina US