Order Management Manager (EMEA)
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 203204
Position Title: Senior Manager, Purchasing
The primary function of this position is to proactively manage all EMEA’s order management processes related to order creation, order change management, billing, and communication. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing an outsource team responsible for provisioning and billing orders
- Participating in accounting month-end close process
- Establishing and refining existing processes and policies to support business needs.
The ideal candidate will apply continuous improvement processes to accomplish the following:
- Establish and follow to the greatest extent possible a standardized work approach to order management
- Understand and effectively address all non-conformances in process or execution for the department
- Ensure an effective training program is defined and in place for all Order Management members. The Manager will be required to demonstrate and also coach the off-shore team in effective communication, and when necessary, appropriate escalation of issues related to order execution or non-conformances.
- Ensure all orders are booked, billed, and delivered timely and accurately
- Effectively manage and lead employees and report monthly metrics on performance to upper management
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Sales Support, and Accounting. This will require a strong understanding of Teradata’s business practices as well as some revenue recognition knowledge
- Create and lead projects focused on automation and streamlining internal operations
- Frequently review existing policies and processes and recommend changes to upper management as needed
- Building efficient, scalable, repeatable processes
- Develop and maintain the global Order Management strategy
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 5+ cumulative years of industry experience
- 2+ years in a management or leadership function
- Oracle eBusiness Suite – Order Management, Service Contracts and Invoicing modules– highly desired
- Microsoft Office
- System and data flow knowledge
- Ability to learn and adapt to new flows and software technologies Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Successful previous utilization of process improvement concepts
- Experience in Project Management for products with high complexity
- Proven experience in implementing and controlling processes ideally within a lean business environment
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Order Management Manager (EMEA)
Job Category: Services
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Peachtree Corners, Georgia US