Change Control Specialist
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203191
Position Title: Change Control Specialist (V)
Change Control Specialist
This is an opportunity for an individual to become a member of the America's Change Control team in a virtual location, preferably, North America. You will work remotely with a team of engineers devoted to providing world class service in support of Teradata customers located in the Americas. Change Control Specialists are the owners of customer's system and product updates and responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. You will provide change control services and full system support that includes both hardware and software. You will provide leadership in the planning stages of installations and upgrades as well as project coordination during these activities and system support. The associate will provide hardware and software first level technical support within the "Teradata Customers Services" (TCS) group. This position requires 7 X 24 availability and participation in a rotating on-call shift.
You will provide remote technical support for all system changes to your assigned customers typically including, but not limited to, Teradata Premier (i.e. BASE, CORE) and Teradata Critical System Management (i.e. Business Critical) level support locations. Responsibilities include; Software, Firmware, Hardware and application upgrades, system analysis, customer satisfaction, asset management, and individual development for mission critical customer support. You will work closely with the Teradata Sales Organization to assist on Support Strategies, competitive service pricing, and adherence to TSCS methodologies. In addition, you will provide Teradata leadership in Customer Closed Loop Corrective Actions process development and implementation.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Clear understanding of contractual policies and development.
- Using verbal and written communication skills, to prepare and deliver presentations when required.
- Strong oral and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation and team skills.
- Perform simple to complex analyses with the use of a personal computer. Flexibility in a multi-managed working environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICAITONS
- Teradata CSR with at least 3 years of service
- Associates degree in Computer Science or an electronics/technology discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a computer related technology field, within the last 7 years
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Linux, UNIX, DBMS and Windows with in the last 5 years
- Conceptual understanding of Intel-based computer hardware architectures
- Experience working with external customers at the enterprise level
- Up to 20% travel
- Ability to work in the United States without employment/visa sponsorship
- Experience in Host software (MVS, VM etc)
- Advance knowledge of Teradata, Linux, UNIX, Windows, mainframe operating systems (VM/MVS, etc.)
- Teradata Database experience
- Teradata Certification
- Advance knowledge of disk array architecture
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Change Control Specialist
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US