Financial Manager – Americas Region Sales
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203188
Position Title: Planning Manager (I)
As a Financial Planning Manager, you will be supporting Teradata’s Americas Region Sales organization. This financial analyst will be responsible for consolidating, analyzing and executing monthly and quarterly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecasts, annual plan development, management review support, and other general financial planning activities. On a day-to-day basis, this support includes providing information, analysis and recommendations that allow the sales/service management to more efficiently and effectively manage the business, while growing revenue and improving profitability. This role reports to the CFO of the Americas.
- High business acumen with the ability to understand and analyze financial data, and perform transactional accounting as required.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate through all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented
- Identification and driving of on-going process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in highly dynamic and fast paced environment
- The ability to professionally discuss business issues with management and offer advice and alternatives
- Ability to converse, explain and educate complex financial topics to others in on the team and their impact to the overall financial health of the business
- Ability to utilize information technology to meet team and customer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA Preferred
- Minimum 8 years related work experience
- Demonstrated financial/analytical skills gained through formal education, certification and work experience
- Self-directed individual
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, GAAP, and P&L
- Experience in financial reporting and/or accounting functions
- Knowledge of Business Objects and Hyperion
- Exceptional Excel Skills and other windows applications
- Experience in Financial Planning
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Financial Manager – Americas Region Sales
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US