GSS Engineering Intern
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina US
Requisition Number: 203187
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
With all the expenditures made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between, throughout the world. We call this pervasive data intelligence. It’s the new way we transform how businesses work and people live through the power of data.
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Our Team/Your Opportunity
The Technical Intern will be a member of the Global Sales Support team and focused on short- and medium-term team deliverables. The GSS plays a key role in identifying, documenting, and driving the best ways to demonstrate Teradata’s Customer Journey suite to our sales, marketing, and consulting professionals.
This position will work closely with the Product Marketing, Pre-Sales, Sales, and Consulting teams to develop compelling story-based solution focused demonstrations. Demonstrations are a key asset in showcasing and differentiating our Teradata solutions to the marketplace.
Collaboration and creativity are key, as you will be working with a senior team of engineers and consulting professionals and representing the GSS and Teradata’s Customer Journey suite of solutions.
GSS Intern Responsibilities:
- Performs technical marketing activities to enable application consultants, sales, and marketing:
- Develop Tools / Content for web based and Cloud hosted demonstration environments that use our story-based approach to outline solutions for our prospect’s use cases and business problems.
- Communicate product enhancements, release updates and other product development efforts to the application consulting organization as needed via product demonstration enablement.
- Assist in local installations and testing of Customer Journey products and of Partner applications for the application consultants, sales, and marketing teams on the sales demo server
- Focus on communicating and extolling the benefits of technical related features of our platform via solution focused demonstrations.
- Continually upgrades technical understanding of Teradata’s Customer Journey suite and Partner products
- Perform other technical tasks to support marketing and sales application consultants
- Constantly improve the productivity of the Global Sales Support team with tools and approaches that aid the facilitation of demo content, demo environment creation and overall support of our user base.
- Continuous and escalating progress towards a computer science degree with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. Graduation dates between 12/2019 and 5/2021.
- Classroom and practical experience with Java, Java Script / Angular2, HTML5, CSS, XML, Web Services, Web Service Authentication, and SQL
- Experience performing simple maintenance and queries of relational databases
- Ability to quickly learn technical information and convey it at the required voice and level
- Good communication and troubleshooting skills
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
State: North Carolina
Community / Marketing Title: GSS Engineering Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Raleigh, North Carolina US