Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Analytics
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203181
Position Title: Software/Sys Eng Analyst (III)
As the recognized leader in data and analytics, Teradata is all about empowering high-impact business outcomes to unleash the potential of great companies. We focus every day on helping customers build lasting analytic capabilities and drive differentiated value through our flexible delivery of analytics at scale on an agile data foundation.
As a Data Warehouse Business Systems Analyst at Teradata, you will lead the functional definition of complex, multi-disciplinary projects related to the Teradata Analytics platform. Teradata’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require Business Analysts to keep the big picture in focus. Relationships are crucial to our success and yours. You will navigate the organizations numerous product areas, build strong relationships with end users, stakeholders and the technical development team. Your responsibilities will include developing processes, identifying system needs and defining changes to be made to the Data Warehouse environment. An excellent understanding of Data Warehouse architectures, data analytic principals and consulting fundamentals is essential.
Your projects will often span functional areas and time zones and it's your job to define solutions that support each of their needs. You will be a member of the IT Development team reporting to the IT Manager of the Data Warehouse Program. You will be responsible for the definition and implementation of one or more complex and highly visible projects by coordinating a cross functional group of individuals with different skills who have been assembled for the project.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to understand Teradata’s roadmap for delivering new capability into their product. You will then build and assist in execution of the delivery of those roadmap into our internal implementation of Teradata’s product.
- Lead the business through the creation/definition of user stories that represent end user requirements
- Works with business users to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application, or configuration solution
- Interact and work effectively with diverse technical and non-technical groups spanning all organizational levels.
- Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
- Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy.
- Manage scope through change requests. Assess impact to scope, schedule and communicate with key stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and a proven ability to handle multiple priorities
- Self-starter with ability to conceive of and accept responsibility for projects and see them through to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, software engineering, business or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years in an analyst or systems engineering role deploying and supporting data warehouse applications.
- Strong understanding of data warehouse architecture and supporting technologies i.e. Teradata, Hadoop, Informatica, Data Lake, and Data Labs
- Excellent working knowledge of relational databases
- General understanding of all technology components supporting an Analytics Platform
- Strong team management skills, able to instill passion, loyalty, and commitment among team members at all levels.
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with an effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to consider upstream and downstream process impacts and implications.
- Strong understanding of project methodologies including Waterfall and Agile.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional business process analysis and design.
- Ability to translate complex technical topics into easy to understand business language and strong business cases that take the business context into account and clearly position the overall value proposition.
- Strong negotiator and facilitator / consensus builder who can cope with challenging situations and interact with different professional levels.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work well under pressure and on multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Strong commitment to quality and timely customer service.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including presentation skills and communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to identify opportunities to enhance productivity, increase efficiency, simplicity, and add measurable, tangible and intangible values
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Business Systems Analyst, Analytics
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US