Data Science Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203177
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
The Teradata Service Analytics team is dedicated to automating customer support and transforming it from reactive to proactive by leveraging data and analytics. Our vision is to become the world’s most effective technology support organization where customer issues are resolved quickly and avoidable impact is prevented using automated analytics driven services. Specifically, to develop an analytics software system for customer support, which will:
- Utilize data and analytics to predict customer operational issues
- Proactively provide solutions to avoid impact to customer operations
- Enable customers to quickly and easily resolve their own problems
- Assist customer support associates to quickly resolve customer issues
The Teradata Global Support Center is going to modernize customer support and we need the best Data Scientists to make this goal a reality.
You will work in collaboration with other members including data scientists, software engineers, and data engineers to research, design, implement, test, maintain and document solutions for predictive analytics for automated, near real time decision making. On a daily basis, you will work with massive datasets, which includes data integration, data cleansing, exploratory analysis, predictive modeling, and rapid prototyping. You will present findings to teammates and guide the transition of new algorithms into operational code, which will be productized and used by support engineers and customers for resolving real world problems.
You will also receive mentorship and career guidance from our interconnected Teradata Data Science Community who work in various capacities across the organization including internal projects, external projects, and consulting.
- Must be enrolled in BS, MS, or PhD (preferred) degree program in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Operations Research
- Graduating between December 2019 – June 2021
- Minimum 3.5 GPA
- Strong in statistics, data mining, developing data analytics solutions based on machine learning such as decision trees, probabilistic reasoning, neural networks, clustering, case-based reasoning, natural language processing and text analysis
- Extensive knowledge of at least one scientific or statistical programming language such as Python (must include SciPy, NumPy, Pandas), Matlab or R
- Experience with at least one general purpose programming language such as Python, Java or C/C++
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary team to solve problems
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, intellectual curiosity and a passion for analytics and solving real world problems
- Graduating PhD Candidate
- Python and Github experience
- Experience with developing novel analytical approaches and applying them to automatically process data (structured and unstructured) and make decisions in medical diagnosis, enterprise operations, customer support, etc.
- Demonstrable skills in creative-problem-solving of complex and advanced technical subject matter
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US