Senior Account Executive Consumer Goods
Location: Lausanne, Vaud CH
Requisition Number: 203171
Position Title: Sr Account Executive (V)
Senior Account Executive – Consumer Goods (m/f)
As Account Executive, you are responsible for direct sales into a strategic prospect account. The position will be an extension to the Teradata sales team in the French-speaking area of Switzerland. Your task focuses on selling Teradata’s Analytic Solutions and Big Data portfolios including applications, consulting services, software, platforms and support services profitable to a leading global player in the FMCG industry.
Key solution areas of focus will be:
- Helping a targeted prospect in the FMCG Industry leverage all data to differentiate and optimize their businesses
- Expanding the reach of Teradata’s Analytics platform and applications
- Maximizing Teradata’s consulting services footprint across the defined territory.
To be successful you need to be an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You should have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and the ability to lead a complex, multi-pronged sale in a highly consultative manner. Finally, if you are naturally analytical and enjoy digging into business models and helping customers quantify their investment decision then this is the role for you!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the assigned prospect’s key business initiatives to effectively position Teradata’s Analytic solutions and consulting services portfolio in terms of ROI and relevant business metrics
- Capitalize on industry knowledge and contacts to uncover new business opportunities
- Understand Teradata’s Solution offerings and key differentiators to develop and successfully execute sales strategies that expand and maximize Teradata’s business relationships across the assigned prospect
- Builds and manages relationships with client decision makers including but not limited to the C-suite
- Establish and enhance key relationships up and across each assigned prospect’s Business and IT organization
- Establish and enhance key relationships with the SI and vendor community to ensure the timely delivery and accelerated business user utilization of Teradata’s analytic solutions
- Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative, solution based selling techniques
- Utilize team members including post-sale delivery professionals, pre-sale technical and business professionals, and management to achieve business objectives
- Rely on excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to initiate and maintain executive-level interaction and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated success developing new account opportunities with large, complex enterprise customers.
- Customer relationship management experience, particularly at the C-suite level
- FMCG Industry knowledge- providing Innovative and creative capabilities in industry leading solution strategies and predicting/forecasting possible business problems.
- Proven skills in effectively managing and developing relevant messaging for business buyers
- 5+ years of experience in selling analytic software & consulting - specifically in the database, data services / eBusiness, analytics and/or enterprise software space.
- Awareness and comprehension of the latest advanced analytics techniques and how they apply to business decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize key activities and delegate as needed
- Understanding of various data analytic use cases
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including a meeting hub in Lausanne, home office and customer site. Candidates from the Lausanne area are preferred. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Account Executive Consumer Goods
Job Category: Sales
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Lausanne, Vaud CH