Database Administrator- Fixed term 7 months
Location: North Sydney, New South Wales AU
Requisition Number: 203160
Position Title: PS Consultant (II)
The Database Administrator (DBA) requires specific technical knowledge about the administration and control of the data warehouse environment, including the Teradata Database or another DBMS, the associated operating system, and related tools. The DBA will provide services to administer, maintain, and control the data warehouse including the DBMS, the operating system, and tools. The Database Administrator may be the Project Tech Lead on a project.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Administration, maintenance, and control of database optimization, performance, workload management, capacity, security, configuration, process scheduling, errors, and execution of maintenance utilities.
- Administration, maintenance, and control of the operating system, network, storage, and tools.
- Managing database objects, data, and referential integrity of the database.
- Manage systems that are located on premises, in the cloud, or functioning in a mixed environment.
- Mentor and interact with other team members and the client for the dissemination of information about the database and system administration.
- Periodic backups of the database and operating system, and restoring data as necessary.
- Plan for and support hardware and software installation and upgrades.
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation of data replication and distribution.
- All consultants are expected to build value in themselves. Teradata’s extensive library of both instructor led and web based training provides ample opportunity for the consultant to build and maintain marketable skills. Time has been allocated specifically for this task and each consultant is expected to have a ‘Learning Plan’. Progress against the learning plan is part of the annual appraisal.
- All consultants are expected to build value in their practice through the contribution and reuse of consulting assets. After each assigned project, a consultant is expected to evaluate the project deliverables and to contribute those items that may be useful to other consultants that may be assigned similar projects. When a new project is assigned, the consultant will search the asset repository for assets that may improve or accelerate the project delivery.
- In depth knowledge of operations management and control.
- In depth knowledge of data warehousing.
- In depth knowledge of Teradata tools, or tools associated with the database system being managed.
- In depth knowledge of security tools.
- In depth knowledge of system management and workload management.
- Knowledge of Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
- Understanding of the Teradata Reference Information Architecture
- Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based upon customer and project requirements
*Note this is a temporary position only. Please state your residency status in your Resume
Salary range: $73,300 - $108,400
City: North Sydney
State: New South Wales
Community / Marketing Title: Database Administrator- Fixed term 7 months
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: North Sydney, New South Wales AU