Location: Santa Clara, California US
Requisition Number: 203120
Position Title: Intern-Engineering (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Teradata AppCenter is a self-service execution platform that provides data scientists, business analysts, and SQL users with a web-based interface for building, sharing, and running analytic solutions as applications. In addition, AppCenter includes numerous shared platform services and is the home of IntelliSphere products.
We’ve assembled a leading team of technologists that leverage technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Ansible, AWS/Azure, Jenkins, etc., in some of the largest deployments in the world. Teradata is undertaking a v1 large-scale deployment platform to configure, deploy, and manage both internal and external containerized apps.
Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest business problems with data and analytics, and leveraging the latest technologies excite you? Would you like to work with a team of the brightest analytical and engineering minds in the industry to understand and advance emerging technologies to invent the next wave of cutting-edge analytic data solutions? Then, Teradata has your next career opportunity.
- Must be enrolled in a BS/MS degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
- Must be graduating between December 2019 – June 2021
- Experience with containerization technology: Docker Containers
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Must have experience programming in Java and/or Golang
- Knowledgeable with open source tools and technologies and can use them to develop solutions
- Experience with server-side and web-based development
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly motivated, thinks creatively, and comfortable working in team-based environments
Not Required, But Nice-To-Have
- Experience with virtualization software: VSphere
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and Test-Driven Development
- Public cloud experience – AWS/Azure
- Experience with Java IDE’s, Source Control and Problem Tracking tools
- Languages: Scala, Python, or C/C
- RDBMS (MySQL, PosgreSQL, etc,) and SQL
- RESTful API development
- Public Cloud – AWS, Private Cloud – Openstack, VMWare
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Santa Clara
Community / Marketing Title: AppCenter Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Santa Clara, California US