Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 203119
Position Title: Learning Consultant (IV)
As a Teradata Learning Consultant, you will be developing and delivering technical training for internal Consulting Services, Customers and Partners in the Big Data space.
- Design instructional material for internal/external courses that support Teradata’s analytic platform, and open source technology (Spark, Hadoop, Kylo, NiFi, etc.).
- Develop technical training materials including: student guides, slide decks and their associated scripts, workbooks, webinar outlines, VMware images, AWS AMIs and lab exercises.
- Deliver live and virtual instructor-led training courses, as needed (40-60%).
- Work with instructional design experts to convert instructor-led training courses into engaging and effective web-based-training courses.
- Design creative learning that can be utilized just-in-time and provide on-the-job performance support.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain course content.
- Provide input to the learning plans and programs for Teradata associates, Partners and Customers.
- BS or BA degree in computer science, programming, ML, Mathematics or other related discipline or 5 years minimum work-related experience.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of Advanced Analytics, Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematical Modelling, Behavioral Economics and/or Machine Learning
- Intermediate level in either C, Java, C++, or C#
- Intermediate level in Python, R and SQL
- Demonstrable ability to devise creative methods for the transfer of technical information.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time. International travel may be required.
Ideally you would have:
- Experience developing / delivering technical training.
- Hands-on work experience/proficient with Hadoop ecosystem technology, Cloud-based machine-learning APIs, Teradata database, ad utilities, and QueryGrid and other Teradata technologies. Machine Learning and Graph analytic functions and Spark Technology
- Familiar with Tableau for visualization
- Familiar with SPSS Modeler and SAS Enterprise Miner for modeling
- Familiar with SAS and SPSS Statistics for statistical analysis
- Knowledge and management of Virtual Machine environments
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of the leading cloud-based analytics company. We are driving analytics at scale and AI for the world's top enterprises.
- A beautiful campus featuring an on-site cafeteria, coffee shop, game room, fitness facility, a 1 mile walking path, and views across San Diego
- Voted as one of the world’s most ethical companies for 9 years running
With more than 10,000 employees in 43 countries, Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Learning Consultant
Job Category: Human Resources
Considering COVID-19, we are still hiring but conducting virtual interviews to keep our candidates and employees safe. Many roles will be temporarily remote or work from home to comply with current safety regulations. These roles will be required to be in the office once it is safe or restrictions are lifted. Read more on our response here: Teradata Response to COVID-19
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US