Content Delivery Product Owner and Program Manager, Information Engineering
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203116
Position Title: Information Engineer (IV) - NoCal
Teradata is looking for a creative and organized program/project manager to drive the continued implementation of our product technical content delivery. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself and grow with a vibrant and re-energized company. With over half a million users of our documentation, your success will directly impact how our customers harness the power of Teradata, and in turn, their success.
With the launch of our new Teradata Documentation site, https://docs.teradata.com, we have numerous opportunities to integrate, automate and refine our content delivery and availability, internally and externally for both customers and prospects. We are looking for an enthusiastic, effective and experienced program manager to drive the execution and implementation of new delivery features, improvements and cross-functional integration.
- Track and drive program initiatives around how we produce and deliver content
- Gather and manage requirements from Marketing, Product Management, Customers, Engineering and Localization
- Instill and ensure quality processes throughout the content delivery cycle
- Develop automation of content delivery and quality, including incorporating Agile best practices
- Establish and manage integration of product technical content with other content management tools, sources and Teradata products
- Facilitate efforts to analyze usage and effectiveness of product technical content
- Work with Information Engineering management and cross-functional stakeholders to identify opportunities for future improvements, including alternative content such as video, animations, recordings, interactive (chatbots, etc)
- Develop positive and productive relationships with content architects and strategists, tools specialists, technology vendors, IT, User Experience, customer support, data scientists, etc.
- Challenge the status quo, deliver top notch content solutions, using cutting-edge tools. Get creative!
- As needed, drive product content development programs
- Bachelor’s degree, and a technical background
- 10 years of relevant experience, of which at least five included leading or managing projects and people
- Exceptional program management and leadership skills
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate upwards, downwards and laterally
- Strong understanding of information engineering best practices, including structured content and web publishing
- Experience using Agile development methodologies
- You love working collaboratively, and people love working with you.
- Curiosity and desire to learn about and try new technologies, methods, and trends
- Experience producing content using DITA XML and a component content management system
- Knowledge related to analytics, database technology, SQL, data warehousing, cloud, or other technologies related to Teradata’s products
- Experience making data driven decisions, and measuring success
- Experience working with content localization
Who are we?
- We are a large and welcoming group of skilled technical communicators who work at a fast (Agile) pace.
- We produce minimalist user and field documentation for a wide range of products, and we do it in style. Adding value to all aspects of the documentation, we are a respected part of R&D, with half a million readers.
- We are committed to DITA (Ixiasoft CCMS) and dynamic HTML publishing (Fluid Topics), and excited to start a new content era through https://docs.teradata.com.
Teradata is in an exciting place of growth, providing a multitude of interesting opportunities. Are you up for the challenge?
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Content Delivery Product Owner and Program Manager, Information Engineering
Job Category: Engineering
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US