Senior Business Systems Analyst, Finance Technology (Revenue Recognition)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 203102
Position Title: IT Sr Systems Analyst (I)
The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) – Finance Technology, reporting to the Director/Senior Manager of Finance, Operations, Compliance, & Legal Technology, will be accountable for the design and configuration of technology solutions supporting Teradata’s Finance organization. Teradata is under-going transformational change of the company, processes, and systems. In the Finance space we have recently deployed Workday revenue recognition and expenses and are embarking on an ERP journey to the cloud. We desire an experienced BSA to help drive us forward in the Finance space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for requirements gathering, facilitation of business process discussions, solution design and documentation, application configuration, testing, and end-user support.
- Provide direction and leadership in promoting and implementing best practice solutions for both business process and technology.
- Partner with our managed service provider to proactively address problems and troubleshoot production issues, especially at month/quarter/year-end.
- As part of the Workday platform scrum team contribute to the delivery of recurring platform releases.
- Provide finance technology subject-matter expertise for projects spanning multiple business units and technologies.
- Contribute to and assist in managing the roadmap for revenue recognition technology enhancements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of BSA experience supporting finance technology in a complex, publicly-traded, global organization.
- Advanced knowledge of core finance processes, including O2C (O2I + I2C), R2R, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Workday Revenue Management module or Financials module a plus.
- Hands on experience with Workday integration platform including Workday Studio, Core Connectors, Cloud Connectors, Enterprise Interface Builders, and Report Writer a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Workday Expenses a plus.
- If no experience with Workday Revenue Management or Financials then experience with Revstream, Zuora RevPro, SAP, or Oracle for revenue recognition is acceptable.
- Hand-on experience data integration techniques, including FTP flat-file, web services, APIs, EDI, etc. Knoweldge of Informatica a plus.
- SQL experience a strong plus.
- Understanding of U.S. accounting standards
- Success using agile principles to deliver great business outcomes through technology.
- Demonstrated experience working with a managed service provider to partner on delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with global teams.
- Proven ability to continuously improve outcomes and processes.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills: articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Effectively use data to make better decisions.
- Ability to establish and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to execute swiftly without compromising quality.
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
Education & Special Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science (CS), Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or equivalent, required.
- Master's degree in Accounting, CS, CIS, MIS, or related disciplines, or MBA, is preferred.
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: Peachtree Corners
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Business Systems Analyst, Finance Technology (Revenue Recognition)
Job Category: IT
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Atlanta, Georgia US