Customer Service Representative
Location: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR
Requisition Number: 203101
Position Title: Customer Srvcs Rep (II)
Teradata offers powerful, enterprise analytic technologies and services. Companies use Teradata Analytic solutions to establish and maintain a trusted single, integrated view of their businesses so they can make better, faster decisions that drive growth, innovation, efficiency and effectiveness. Teradata has been consistently recognized by Gartner group as the clear leader in this strategic and high growth sector.
Companies successfully leverage this integrated view to:
· identify opportunities to streamline or modify existing business processes,
· focus, manage and optimize teams and resources,
· support, enable and facilitate business process and method innovations,
· identify, analyze, target and manage fraudulent, non-compliant or undesirable behaviour,
· change their operational stance from “reactive” to predictive, proactive and responsive,
· decrease operational costs while increasing operational efficiency,
· enhance client experiences and relationships.
The case supporting Teradata’s philosophy of centrally integrated Information Management is sound and well proven. Teradata has successfully implemented a clear majority of the world’s largest and most successful centralized analytic solutions using Teradata and Partner Technology solutions and services.
With its undisputed market and installed base leadership in large complex Analytic Solutions, its expertise and best-in-class technology, Teradata helps its clients see their businesses like never before. To learn more, go to Teradata.com
This is a Customer Support Engineer role and it involves three key components, Teradata Support (remote/on-site), Teradata Account Management and On-site Engineering.
Customer Support Engineer would be responsible for providing on-site or remote support for Teradata Customers, such as hardware & software fault resolution, and software installation.
Teradata Support and Engineering is based on a proactive service philosophy and requires constant focus on the customer’s needs and an excellent service delivery.
The successful candidate will be required to take part in 7x24 on call (roster basis) covering Teradata customers. This will involve on site presence to address customer faults and apply preventive maintenance. System installations, preventative maintenance and Hardware/Software upgrades will also be included.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Analyze complex technical problem situations in the Teradata environment
• Take suitable measures to solve the system interruption, as necessary by engaging support of partners and/or regional/global Teradata remote support centers
• Plan and implement complex upgrades of hardware and/or software
• Manage spare part availability
• Create documentation on customer installations, upgrades or problem-solving activities
• Customer Support Engineer will support following HW and SW products but, not limited to.
OS Products: SUSE Linux, Windows
Database products: Teradata RDBMS, Aster Database, Hadoop
Database Client Tools and Utilities
Backup SW and HW
Teradata Unified Data Architecture(UDA)
• Bachelor’s degree (computer science related major is preferred)
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in computer technology or related fields
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office components and personal computers
• Any knowledge or experience with one of the following is preferred
Mid-range UNIX/Linux systems
UNIX, Windows, LINUX including Network
Database and SQL
Open source / Cloud
• Good interpersonal skills / strong teamwork
• Good written and oral communication skills in Korean and English.
• Good Documentation Skills
Community / Marketing Title: Customer Service Representative
Job Category: Customer Support
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: SEOUL, Gyeonggido KR