Staffing Metrics Operations Intern
Location: San Diego, California US
Requisition Number: 203094
Position Title: Intern-HR (I)
Our summer internship program lasts 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June and ending in August/September. Fast-paced, flexible, fun. The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata.
Talent acquisition is currently top of the mind for many organizations. The need to attract and retain top talent emphasizes the importance of maintaining a strong recruiting process and hiring high quality employees. To ensure that these needs are met, it is important to solve for the key performance indicators of a best in class recruiting organization.
- Analyze large amounts of recruiting data such as, but not limited to, sourcing, selection, talent conversions, time to fill, and cost per hire to identify and present useful business insight
- Design and create a sustainable tool and/or metrics scorecard system for measuring and monitoring our recruiting team performance
- Enhance our recruiting process by measuring quality, cost, and productivity across quarters and determining if our staffing organization is moving in the right direction
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to influence the direction of the business towards greater productivity and innovation
- Must be enrolled in a BS/MS degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Management, or other relevant discipline
- Graduating between December 2019 – June 2021
- Expert in using Microsoft Excel as a tool to analyze large datasets
- Proven experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
- High energy and passionate about solving problems
- Comfortable working independently
- Experience with data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau), programming (R, SAS, Python,) and statistical analytic tools (SQL, Hadoop,) a plus!
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata invites all identities and backgrounds in the workplace. We work with deliberation and intent to ensure we are cultivating collaboration and inclusivity across our global organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, ancestry, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
City: San Diego
Community / Marketing Title: Staffing Metrics Operations Intern
Job Category: College & Interns
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: San Diego, California US