Big Data Engineer
Location: Bern, Bern CH
Requisition Number: 203088
Position Title: TB Sr. Data Eng (I)
We are looking for a
Big Data Engineer (m/f)
in Bern, Zurich
As a Big Data Engineer, you will provide technical leadership to clients in a team that designs and develops path-breaking large-scale cluster data processing systems. You will mentor sophisticated organizations on large scale data and analytics and work with client teams to deliver results.
Design and develop code, scripts and data processing systems that leverage structured and unstructured data integrated from multiple sources. Software installation and configuration. Participate in and help lead requirements and design workshops with our clients. Develop project deliverable documentation.
- Proven expertise in production software development and data engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience programming in Java, Scala, Python.
- Capable of operationalizing software with a heavy emphasis on automation and DevOps best-practices
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solver
- Strong team player capable of working in a demanding environments and high-profile projects.
- Experience building complex and non-interactive systems (real-time, batch, distributed, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior consulting experience
- Familiarity with different development methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall, XP, scrum, etc.)
- Experience designing and tuning high-performance systems
- Prior working experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos or Red Hat Open Shift
- Working experience with dynamic and/or functional languages (e.g. Scala, Java 8+, Python, Scala, Clojure, Ruby)
- Developing on Cloud platforms such as AWS
- Big data experience with Apache Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, HBase or Cassandra.
- Experience with Message Brokers Systems like Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ etc.
- Prior experience with data warehousing and business intelligence systems as well as Linux expertise
- Prior work and/or research experience with unstructured data and data modeling
- Broader experience with the Spring ecosystem including spring-batch, spring-mvc, and spring-hadoop, spring-security or spring-dataflow
- Experience in building standards-based REST implementations
- Have the ability to configure a Jenkins build, create/update a Jira ticket and enable Automated Tests in gradle/maven build
- Experience with Version Control Systems in multi-project setups (Git, Mercurial, SVN)
- Willingness to travel to client sites up to 100% of the time
- Ability to write programming code in applicable languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication in German and English
- Ability to present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical groups
Bachelor's/Master’s Degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field (Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning and Data Mining) followed by 2-3 years of progressively responsible professional experience programming in Java, Scala, Python or SQL.
Community / Marketing Title: Big Data Engineer
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bern, Bern CH