Team Leader Data Foundation
Location: Bern, Bern CH
Requisition Number: 203086
Position Title: PS Partner (II)
Team Leader Data Foundation, Switzerland (m/f)
The Data Foundation Practice is responsible for designing and implementing analytic ecosystems that support discrete business outcomes. Through this Practice, we tackle our Customers’ most complex data and platform related issues, helping them devise the most effective data foundation from initial data acquisition to quality assurance and testing of their entire platform.
The scope of the practice is divided into the four areas of data acquisition & integration, data design & access, platform development, and testing & quality assurance. It is also responsible for all aspects of innovation, delivery effectiveness, talent acquisition & development, and overall Performance related to all aspects of Teradata’s Foundational Data Practices and Services.
The Swiss Data Foundation Practice Lead will report directly into the Swiss Consulting Services Lead and will have a dotted line to the CEUKI Data Foundation Practice Lead.
1. Support Swiss Consulting Lead
- Management of 12 direct reports within data management, core deployment and specialized services.
- Support, develop and coach your 12 direct reports with objective setting, professional development and general managerial activities.
- Actively encourage and drive asset sharing and reuse, including use of Velocity, Compas and other sources of accelerators.
- Developing and extending Swiss services growth, this includes ensuring the team has applicable and timely training/development to support new service offerings and enhancements to existing.
- Working with resource management to ensure availability of suitably skilled Consultants.
- Advise on recruitment needs and participate in applicable stages of the interview process.
- Ensure efficient utilization is maintained within the practice, working with team managers and resource management to effectively place Consultants and enable the opportunity for rotation.
- Support Swiss data foundation team with professional development and talent retention, including but not limited to objective setting, professional development planning and regular reviews
- Encourage and participate in meetings and the sharing of information across the teams
- Proactively mitigate and manage delivery risks.
2. Support CEUKI Data Foundation Lead
- Understand and participate in executing the global vision and goals
- Adaptation and evolution of service offerings and delivery techniques to ensure we remain innovative and relevant to our Clients, the market and our Consultants.
- Support on forecast service demands in the market place, innovation opportunities and professional development needs.
- Harvesting of optimal and innovative delivery solutions which can be evolved into packaged repeatable solutions which can be sold and delivered effectively, efficiently and with minimal known risk.
Skills and Experience
- Proven leadership skills & experience
- Experience leading technical consulting teams
- Competitive and winning spirit and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Lead change by understanding and knowing how to meet diverse challenges and manage resistance to change initiatives
- Facilitate & foster collaboration by engaging others and gaining participation in a mutually beneficial collaborative way.
- Produces results by understanding and driving the execution of delivery solutions that support Company growth and success.
- Proficient German and English language skills.
- Willingness to travel (~60%), mainly within Switzerland.
- Experience leading data/solution delivery programs
- Implementation Approaches: Experience of different options for implementation of Data & Analytics solutions
- Analytics and DW Technologies: Experience building data warehouse and analytics solutions
- Open to innovation and exploration of newly emerging solutions or technologies
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree
Community / Marketing Title: Team Leader Data Foundation
Job Category: Consulting
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Bern, Bern CH