Sr. Accountant, GL System Specialist
Location: JOHNS CREEK, Georgia US
Requisition Number: 203028
Position Title: Accounting Specialist (III)
- Responsible for providing support to the Corporate Consolidations Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller, and Corporate organizations
- Performing routine accounting, financial reporting, and analysis functions to support the close process. Perform monthly accounting close activities in ERP for assigned functional areas.
- Perform routine Oracle administration/maintenance functions (historical rates, bank rates, translations, revaluations, tie outs, etc.)
- Build new and/or edit existing global mass allocation entries in Oracle. Runs monthly Mass Allocation entries for corporate entities.
- Assist with COA maintenance tasks as needed
- Monitors/troubleshoots journal entry batches from Workday to ensure proper recording within Oracle
- Assist with Workday integration/administration tasks as needed
- Assist global accounting organization with troubleshooting functional close issues in Oracle.
- Support company internal and external audits
- Ensure processes and controls are in compliance with SOX requirements
- Participate in other ad hoc accounting initiatives as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in a large multi-national, multi-currency environment with a strong understand of FX impacts
- Experience with Oracle ERP close administration functions (historical rates, translations, revaluations, tie outs, troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience building mass allocations and recurring journal entries in Oracle
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
- Proficient with MS Office products with advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Effective communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, well organized with strong sense of responsibility
- Experience dealing with integrations/interfaces/data workflows
- Previous experience with Workday
- Previous experience with Sharepoint site maintenance
CountryEEOText_Description: Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.
City: JOHNS CREEK
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Accountant, GL System Specialist
Job Category: Finance
With all the investments made in analytics, it’s time to stop buying into partial solutions that overpromise and underdeliver. It’s time to invest in answers. Only Teradata leverages all of the data, all of the time, so that customers can analyze anything, deploy anywhere, and deliver analytics that matter most to them. And we do it at scale, on-premises, in the Cloud, or anywhere in between.
We call this Pervasive Data Intelligence. It’s the answer to the complexity, cost, and inadequacy of today’s analytics. And it's the way Teradata transforms how businesses work and people live through the power of data throughout the world. Join us and help create the era of Pervasive Data Intelligence.
Location_formattedLocationLong: JOHNS CREEK, Georgia US